Truclear with iqpump01

L Holten

Nov 22, 2023
Florida
I also have an IQPump01 connected to my VS Jandy pump. The installer connected my TruClear to my mechanical intermatic timer and that is all that this timer controls. I have always set this mechanical timer to match the times that I have my pump to run via the IQPump01 but I am a snowbird and when I am gone and my pool guy does not check the mechanical timer it gets progressively further and further off every time there is a power outage. I would also like to use the the RS485 connection between my pump and the TruClear but in the instructions for wiring the IQPump01 to the VS pump it says to make sure that is the only thing connected to the RS485 terminals at the pump. Can I disregard that instruction?

I would also like to use the the RS485 connection between my pump and the TruClear but in the instructions for wiring the IQPump01 to the VS pump it says to make sure that is the only thing connected to the RS485 terminals at the pump. Can I disregard that instruction?

Yes, that manual was printed before the TruClear system and what they want is the pump control panel disconnected.

Connect a 4 wire cable from the TruClear RS-485 connector to the RS-485 connector in the pump the IQPUMP01 is connected to.

From Jandy TruClear SWG - Further Reading

The Jandy TruClear chlorination system with Firmware Revision F or later, can monitor the state of the Jandy Variable Speed Pump so that the TruClear does not operate if the Jandy Variable Speed Pump is not running.

A four wire RS-485 cable is connected between the TruClear Power Pack and the Jandy VS Pump to ensure that the chlorinator only operates when the pool pump is running. With this connection no timer for the TruClear is required.

Jandy_Truclear_to_FloPro_Pump_RS-485_Connect.png

I checked my TruClear version and it is C1 so I guess I'm out of luck, correct. No way to download latest version. My user/installation manual that the installer left have the same instructions that you show about installing a parallel connection to the truclear from the Jandy pump.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.