Trouble with spa draining on activation

Update: I was still seeing a small leak from the valve, even after re-tightening the actuator to the valve. I took apart the old actuator, and there was probably about 6oz. of water trapped in there. Needless to say, all of the internal components were rusted and corroded. So, I think this leak was happening previous to my replacing the actuator and was the cause of death of the old one. So it looks like I'll need to have the valve replaced - I've contacted my local guys for that since it is a little above my pay grade! Jim, you have been above and beyond awesome in walking me through all of this! A heartfelt thanks for all of your help!!!

Erik

Erik,

I was glad I could help... as far as the valve goes, you can just install new "guts"... They sell rebuild kits for Jandy style valves. If you can replace an actuator you can rebuild the valve yourself..

Thanks for the feedback,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.