Trouble keeping pool blue

Sep 22, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, my pool is in a constant state of fluctuation. Levels are "normal", I'll state that later. It doesn't matter if it rains, no weather changes, or anything else, pool will just go from blue to green. Pool is rectangular about 21,000 gallons, built in 1974, fiberglass, that I've had just over a year. One skimmer, 1.65 AO pump, Hayward C1750 filter, and it seems previous owner has closed off main "drain". The plumbing is capped off. I use a Taylor 06 testing kit and have been to various pool stoors for water testing. This summer pH has been high, so lowered with muratic acid. I brush daily at least. I keep chlorine in check with 9% bleach, I used to use "shock". Baking soda if pH low, but I'm fighting an uphill battle. Levels are:
CH 262
TC 3
FC 7
pH 7.2
TA 87
CYA 38
I recently replaced a very old sand filter with the Hayward cartridge. Same problems with sand filter. Where am I going wrong folks? I also use a robotic vacuum every other day. I think you kindly in advance for any advice. Ps, I clean cartridge regularly, and have a back up. I might be forgetting something. Much abliged,
Brent

Welcome to the forum!
You have algae. It needs to be eradicated. It plugs your filter - sand or cartridge.

We do a SLAM Process for that. You say you have a "06" Taylor kit. Is that a K2006? If so - great! You will need reagents for FAS-DPD FC testing as you will be running thorugh those very quickly.

Your test levels you presented do not appear to be from your kit. Please run a full set of tests from your own kit and post them. We do not rely on pool store tests.

Read through the SLAM article linked above - and let us know your questions.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.