May 28, 2023
Omaha, Nebraska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

As the title suggests my pool water is reminiscent of blue cloudy Gatorade (see attached image) after a couple of days into the slam process. I‘m wondering if I should just continue to SLAM and hold the high FC level or if I should shut off the Filter and let everything settle and vacuum to waste? Not totally sure what a blue pool indicates and if the algae is still alive. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 1F4120EA-49AD-40AC-846D-839DB84C9945.jpeg
    1F4120EA-49AD-40AC-846D-839DB84C9945.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 20
The water looks like it's still fighting algae. I would remove that ladder for sure. Consider disassembling if possible to inspect for algae inside its parts. Algae pools typically go from green (if applicable) > hazy blue > clear. Could take a few days. Hang in there and maintain the proper FC SLAM level.

Reactions: Ttub44
The water looks like it's still fighting algae. I would remove that ladder for sure. Consider disassembling if possible to inspect for algae inside its parts. Algae pools typically go from green (if applicable) > hazy blue > clear. Could take a few days. Hang in there and maintain the proper FC SLAM level.

All the info I was looking for and more, I will definitely take out the ladder! Thank you!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.