Tropics Blue Mini Pebble - Adding Cobalt blue glass

OrlandoWM

Sep 8, 2019
Florida
Hello All. New Forum Member here. Great site.

About to resurface by old quartz pool with Stonescapes mini-pebble Tropics Blue. The PB told me they were having trouble with the Abalone shell so I am substituting one bag of reg size Cobalt blue glass per batch for same price. I will also be adding another bag of Cobalt for a total of 2 bags per batch. Pool resurface will take 4 batches total.

Obviously, depending on the time of day, surroundings, sun, pool depth, etc, I have seen in pictures that Tropics blue can take on a blue hue but also a greenish hue. I want deep blue as much as I can get. Im not here to inquiry about the shell substitute, just enhancing the blue color with glass.

Will the 2 bags per batch of Cobalt help to provide a deeper blue or just will it just provide the sparkle? Would a 3rd bag of Cobalt per batch be needed? I was offered to use the Puerto Rico Blend glass but noticed white and turquoise in mix and thought Cobalt would be better for the blueness.

Thanks for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.