Tri Tab Question

Billtkat

Apr 25, 2020
Oro Valley, AZ
Leaving for a week and was going to put in 2 , 3 inch tabs while out. Weather is getting in the 90's or close. My CYA is around 25'ish, maybe a little lower and on purpose as I knew I was going to drop tabs in for my time away - Any, my question is around the release of both Chorine and CYA from the tabs ? Does both release equally as it dissolves or does one ( CYA / Chorine ) release quicker while floating around ? My thought is once i am back to pick up whatever is still left and dump so I stop any increase in CYA but not sure if it matters - thanks

As a trichlor tablet dissolves, it adds the chlorine and CYA in the amounts based on the ratio in the Trichlor product.
Two tablets will add 10 ppm FC and about 6 ppm CYA to your pool.

In your climate, with a very low CYA, your pool is consuming far more that that. You may or may not come home to some issues.

If it were my pool, I would probably float 6 pucks. That will account for a daily FC loss of ~4ppm and leave you with an ending CYA rounded up to a manageable 50, which seems like a good number for the Arizona summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.