Tri Tab Question

Billtkat

Apr 25, 2020
Oro Valley, AZ
Leaving for a week and was going to put in 2 , 3 inch tabs while out. Weather is getting in the 90's or close. My CYA is around 25'ish, maybe a little lower and on purpose as I knew I was going to drop tabs in for my time away - Any, my question is around the release of both Chorine and CYA from the tabs ? Does both release equally as it dissolves or does one ( CYA / Chorine ) release quicker while floating around ? My thought is once i am back to pick up whatever is still left and dump so I stop any increase in CYA but not sure if it matters - thanks

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
As a trichlor tablet dissolves, it adds the chlorine and CYA in the amounts based on the ratio in the Trichlor product.
Two tablets will add 10 ppm FC and about 6 ppm CYA to your pool.

In your climate, with a very low CYA, your pool is consuming far more that that. You may or may not come home to some issues.

magiteck

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Neenah, Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
If it were my pool, I would probably float 6 pucks. That will account for a daily FC loss of ~4ppm and leave you with an ending CYA rounded up to a manageable 50, which seems like a good number for the Arizona summer.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.