Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Perhaps silly to ask on this thread, but to buy 8-10 towels is a bit of an investment ( ok, not an investment, but $$)!
Anyone have experience with Turkish towels (WetCat) - they are thin, but supposedly dry fast and absorbent.
Brand recommendations - searching on Amazon is a bit overwhelming!
Tempted to buy best Costco bath towels @ $6 and call it a day?
Many thanks!!

Look at getting hotel quality towels. There are towels at various sizes, quality, and price points.

I got pool towels from them years ago and have found they hold up well to constant use and washings.

Reactions: miltonmom
We have a few beach towels that we’ve had for years - each family member has their own in a different color/pattern so we know who’s is who’s (also this helps me identify the culprit when someone doesn’t hang theirs up & leaves it in the bathroom floor 🤣)
I have noticed that i prefer the thinner ones over the more plush ones for traveling & home as they dry faster when hanging outside or in the bathroom & also take up less space.
Ours all came from Walmart & the like.
I do have 2 microfiber bath towels from amazon & have contemplated replacing our most aged beach towels with the thinner beachy version. Like these
JML Microfiber Towels, Bath Towel Sets (6 Pack, 27" x 55") - Extra Absorbent, Fast Drying, Multipurpose for Bath, Swimming, Fitness, Sports, Yoga (Fleece Chevron Purple, 6 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091DVP2BJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2G4RS6VQ0TV57HRPK8EW?psc=1
All my kitchen & cleaning towels/rags are microfiber so i have plenty of things i can wash them with.
Also I often take a small microfiber towel (cleaning rag size) with me poolside/spa side to lay my stuff on & wipe my hands/phone etc. & have even dried my whole body w/ one before in a pinch! Apparently they are popular @ swim meets.

Last edited:
Reactions: miltonmom
We’d buy 2-3 new beach towels from the local department store (Kohl’s by me) and rotate out the most used ones. If your kids are still on the younger side, or if they have kids on the younger side, expect to find said towels strung around the yard. The swing set…. trampoline…. the garage where one of them decided to hop on a bike while still wet……. the driveway where kid #2 dropped theirs upon seeing their sibling on the bike and ran to ride also…..

If you have teens they won’t be in the yard, they’ll be crumpled up in a closet while still
soaking wet all nice and moldy smelling.

So, Yeah. We were never too concerned about towels that we would care about. Just big honking beach towels that we weren’t too attached to.

Our kids went to a daycare that had a pool. They swam every day during the summer. My wife did not want to do laundry every day. So we had 5 beach towels for each kid. Nothing costly, like the $6 ones from Wal-Mart or Target. Plus she would get them new ones every summer. And sometimes the kids would have a birthday party with a bounce house with a waterslide or water feature of some sort, and we would buy beach towels as party favors and would wind up with extras. So we had about 40 towels when we finally put the pool in. We aren't buying any more anytime soon.

As NewDude said, they wind up all over the place. And you likely don't have a cabana boy running around picking them up, so I wouldn't go with anything super nice.

--Jeff

Reactions: Mdragger88
I bought like 12 of these total in extra large, they sell them other places too but they are a thin microfiber with like a suede texture. They dry very well, soak up a lot of water but dry very quick in the sun. They also roll up so small I fit 12 with room for more in a outdoor storage side table.

I use these microfiber ones for inside the house but they can be used outside also if you want more of a fluffy towel feel. They also dry quick.

Attachments

• 19FFA5EC-F641-4705-9F39-07D0D5ACE72F.jpeg
    19FFA5EC-F641-4705-9F39-07D0D5ACE72F.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 13
I should mention microfiber needs to be washed separately to avoid fibers and lint etc sticking to them and do not use fabric softener because it will ruin them.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a set of the 2nd link ones in beige, 2 bath towels , 2 hand, & 2 wash cloths & i love them & they are a great value too.
They are very fluffy & all are larger/ longer than their standard size cotton cousins. I especially love to use the wash cloths when bathing the dog 🐶 she has short hair so its like washing a pig 🤣- they are comparable to the norwex one for dogs but way less $$.
We often bring the bath towel ones by the pool. I love microfiber. I have so many microfiber cloths & use them for everything - i also use the mop pads so i just have a dedicated little basket for them & when its full I run a load.
I bought like 12 of these total in extra large, they sell them other places too but they are a thin microfiber with like a suede texture. They dry very well, soak up a lot of water but dry very quick in the sun. They also roll up so small I fit 12 with room for more in a outdoor storage side table.

I use these microfiber ones for inside the house but they can be used outside also if you want more of a fluffy towel feel. They also dry quick.

Glad to know it’s normal to be particular when it comes to towels. I bought a bunch of all cotton kid beach towels on clearance at an outlet store. Then went back and got a ton more to use for us adults. I know they’re no longer available online (or at that store).

Edit: love the idea of a storage bin rolled up neatly. Need to find a bin like that.

Glad to know it’s normal to be particular when it comes to towels. I bought a bunch of all cotton kid beach towels on clearance at an outlet store. Then went back and got a ton more to use for us adults. I know they’re no longer available online (or at that store).

Edit: love the idea of a storage bin rolled up neatly. Need to find a bin like that.

Reactions: Cena_sea
+2. I had the sunbeam equivalent and it was SO dry that I left the towels in it outside all season, Then kept them in there for the winter in my garage.

Reactions: Cena_sea
Has anyone used the Sandcloud towels? I keep getting ads for them on Facebook.

You get ads on FB for towels because you are talking about them here. FB reads ALL of your cookies and targets you with whatever you were posting about. That said, my experience with FB ads is most of the products that are advertised are total junk and typically overpriced by at least 4x. Caveat Emptor.

Reactions: Wolfepack88
You get ads on FB for towels because you are talking about them here. FB reads ALL of your cookies and targets you with whatever you were posting about. That said, my experience with FB ads is most of the products that are advertised are total junk and typically overpriced by at least 4x. Caveat Emptor.
I think they’re also reading my thoughts 💭🤣
I swear I can just think of something & boom 💥 there’s an add ! Same with google -

I've been getting ads for them for a couple years. They started when I was planning a trip to California. There are a few things I've bought from ads on there. I always research them to find out how legit the company is. I can usually tell which ones are real. The towels look really good for the beach because sand doesn't stick to them. Not sure how great they are for the pool though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.