Touch of Glass...is it worth it?

Dec 23, 2017
Corpus Christi, TX
We are doing Stonescapes midnight blue with a sand tanning ledge. Thinking about adding touch of glass to the tanning ledge only. Is it worth the cost? I want it to be nice and sparkly. Also, not wanting a ton if any of the blue glass. How does the touch of glass work as far as glass colors? I like the colors of the touch of glass with sand stonescapes in the NPT catalog- It doesn't appear to have any blue like in the Puerto Rico blend. Anyone know how this works? I want the tans, black, and brown glass. Also, for a 12 inch deep tanning ledge- how many bags to make it pop? Maybe I already asked this question in a round about way above...but...does each color of plaster/stonescapes have it's own recipe for the touch of glass or are all the bags of glass separate single colors that get mixed according to customer request? Or is it just the jewelscapes they use for touch of glass?

Speaking with the NPT showroom rep, she mentioned their boss did both abalone and glass in his pool. He said the glass doesn't add much sparkle and if he were to do it again he would just do abalone. We're getting Tropics Blue Mini, which has some abalone in the recipe already, and we're going to add more and make sure our shelf and spa have it hand cast for maximum effect. As far as cost, the abalone is supposed to be inexpensive compared to glass. Still waiting on my builder to get back to me on the cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.