Tornado debri

knoball615

Silver Supporter
May 5, 2017
lebanon, TN
First sorry about the length -. Last fall i had a serious medical condition that kept us away from our home for Oct to Jan. We were able to close after Labor day but not cover, it is totally green cant see anything. Two nights ago my community was hit with an F3 tornada. I cleaned all the surface debri from the pool today but i need to clear it up to see what lies at the bottom . What is the best way to clear the water Don’t want to wait to late for an insurance claim.

Sorry to hear you got hit with the tornado.

If you can run your pump and filter then follow the SLAM Process.

It might be faster and cheaper to get a submersible pump and drain to about 2 foot of water left in the pool and refill than to clear a green monster.

I sure hope your health is better and you haven’t had major damage to your home.

I slammed the pool .i cleared enough in 24 hours or so for me to see debris. I fished out shingles, insulation , maI’ll and a tshirt. It’s been 5 days and the water is still pretty cloudy . what should I do next . FC was 5 last night pH 7.2 . It’s still pretty cool so I haven’t turned on tHE SWG

Attachments

• 2002538A-DB43-4781-A2EB-6F0555C0A463.jpeg
    2002538A-DB43-4781-A2EB-6F0555C0A463.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 15F96053-E018-4D9E-94D3-C2A3ED4E402A.jpeg
    15F96053-E018-4D9E-94D3-C2A3ED4E402A.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 21
i just followed your link above and realized I didn’t do it properly . I will begin again
a couple of questions
1 . should I follow the CYA slam level of the SWCG even though it’s not running ?
2. Should the SWCG be running
thank you

Post a complete set of test results now and we will get you started...

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

SWG is off during the SLAM Process

If the dot disappears between 50 and 40 we round up and call the CYA 50. For CYA 50 your SLAM FC is 20.

While the SLAM Process says to lower your pH to 7.2 with your TA of 40 I would leave the pH at 7.4 and proceed with the SLAM Process

SWG should be OFF.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Calcium deposits? You mean scale? Is it rough when you feel it?

Time for some pics of what you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.