Top rail replacement Questions?

GenericHbomb

Oct 3, 2015
Rochester, NY
Looking to get my yard landscaped and the pool deck replaced next year.

While the pool deck is torn up, I figure it is the best time to have the top rail (inground pool) replaced as it is old aluminum held together with tape. Some large gaps in it also allow dirt from under the deck to flow into the pool during heavy rains.

Wondering if it can be replaced and the liner rehung without a liner replacement?
Attached a photo of what I am talking about in case "top rail" is not the right word.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

Attachments

• 20200808_155028.jpg
    20200808_155028.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 24
That stuff is hard to find these days. Most of that style is snap on caps. Some are not. Do you have any pieces that just pull up so I can see the underside that's holding the liner

Sorry the delay. Life got a little crazy there for a bit. Anyway, I pulled up a couple boards and I'm not sure if this gives any clues to your question. If not, I can keep pulling and cleaning out until it does. As for the pulling up some of the aluminum, looks like its nailed in a few spots. If you think itll be fine, I can pull a piece up. Let me know.

Attachments

• 20201001_125141.jpg
    20201001_125141.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.