Too small of a solar pool cover will it work???

Frezel

Jul 6, 2018
Doylestown, PA
Thanks to covid-19 trying to find a solar pool cover locally for our 27ft round pool that only gets about 4 hours of sun a day is tough. A friend of our just recently installed his pool and it came with a solar cover however his pool is only 21ft. I seen another post with a similar question but my gap would be 3 ft around exposed to air. Do you guys think it will still work for the most part or is the idea to have entire pool water surface covered? BTW it was selling for 50$ is why i am eager to buy it and its new.

You are about 2 1/2 hours away, but if you want to make the trip, you can have my solar cover. I used it 3 times. Not 3 seasons, 3 times. It is like new. @42x22 but cut for my pool. I'll never use it again.

It would still work, although not as effectively as a full solar cover.....it falls under the category of "every little bit helps or something is better than nothing"
You are about 2 1/2 hours away, but if you want to make the trip, you can have my solar cover. I used it 3 times. Not 3 seasons, 3 times. It is like new. @42x22 but cut for my pool. I'll never use it again.

Thanks for the generous offer but will pass. Still debating if I want to deal with a cover inside my head. We have a fence all around our pool which I think will make removing it a nightmare not to mention a million pool floats kids never take out. Was contemplating building a solar heater or cutting all my trees down lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.