To much air?

cal,

That is too much air in the basket... Most suction side air leaks are caused by the following:

Number one the most likely and number six the least likely..

1. Water too low at the skimmers.. Water should be half way up the skimmer opening.

2. Weir door (Between the water and the skimmer basket) stuck up.. The Weir should be able to float up or down.

3. The pump lid O-Ring is not lubed or is damaged or missing...

4. Air leak at pump input... the connection at the front of the pump is leaking air.

5. The valve that allows water into the pump is leaking air.

6. The pipe between the Skimmer and the pump is leaking air.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

what I know as of right now is:

Water level is good. half way on skimmer

I have no door on my skimmer just a basket.

Pump O-ring good and lubed with magic lube

it's the pump input that I need to check, the valve and for heavens sakes I hope it's not the pipe between the skimmer and pump.........

C,

I assume it was working at one point, so when did it go bad? Did you connect a vacuum to your skimmer and after this the problem started?

I assume your video was shot when the pump was in high speed... Does it look the same in low speed?

What is your filter pressure and when was the last time you cleaned the cartridge?

Cartridge filters can plug up very fast if your water is green and cause a similar problem.

Asking a lot of questions, I know, but these are the things that I would look for if I was standing next to your pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes the pump was high no air on low.
Cartridge is new not a couple days old psi the same as installed
10psi is the pressure
I took apart the 3 way valve an see one o-ring that seals the Handel was flat at one part but there’s two o-rings? I’ll have to order a repair kit an hope this is the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.