To drain or not to drain.

Jun 17, 2017
Florida
I woke up to a noticeable drop in water in my pool. Ran out to turn off pump and noticed somebody unhooked it and drained the water below the hose lines. I was going to winterize it anyway so no biggie.

Do I go ahead and drain it all out? I do have to make adjustments before we fill it again in the spring. Do I cover it? Leave water in? Any chemicals?

Do you have a critter/bug free space you can store the pool liner in?

Quite a few people in our climate leave their pools up year round but with you needed to "make adjustments" in the spring if you have a safe place to keep the liner.

If you decide to take it down:

-Make sure it is dry
-use baby powder to help keep it from sticking to it's self
-roll it up instead of folding it
-something big enough to put it in to keep critters out

Kim:kim:

Do you have a critter/bug free space you can store the pool liner in?

Quite a few people in our climate leave their pools up year round but with you needed to "make adjustments" in the spring if you have a safe place to keep the liner.

If you decide to take it down:

-Make sure it is dry
-use baby powder to help keep it from sticking to it's self
-roll it up instead of folding it
-something big enough to put it in to keep critters out

Kim:kim:

Can I just leave it up as it is or no?

I would fill it back up to help protect the liner from the elements. You can cover it but it can be a pain to keep it on with the wind and such. A cover does help keep the leaves out. I have seen several people say to use pool float toys to help keep the cover up with bleach jugs (filled with ??) hanging off the cover to keep it secure.

You need to keep the water balanced with FC in the pool. The amount of clorine needed will get lower as the pool water cools down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.