Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Does anyone know what these are ? Link to video. Are they harmful to swimmers? Do I need to do anything ? It has been raining here for last two days? i just took the skimmer out to clean and saw these. they look dead when i took the skimmer out but after about 20 seconds they start moving.

Impossible to ID without magnification. Pools are insect collection devices and your skimmer is functioning as designed. You are doing the right thing by running the skimmer, using basket nets and cleaning regularly. Swim away.

Reactions: SunnyP2000
Look up "springtails." I've been fighting them for years with various pro-grade spray and granular insecticides and can't get rid of them.

They're harmless. They nest in moist areas around the pool (mulch, under decks/rocks). You'll see them crawling on the deck before jumping in the pool where they eventually drown.

Reactions: SunnyP2000
thanks guys its not so bad, just wanted to make sure its ok to swim. they seem harmless. I have never owned a pool before, learning something new everyday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.