Timer for 2-Speed Pump??

@JamesW - couldn't I do this all with just two timers, one 104 and one 106. I'd hook up the pump the way the diagram is shown above. But then for the Polaris, I'd run the common from terminal 4 of the 104 to the Polaris as well and then connect the Polaris to terminal 3 of the 106. That would make it so the Polaris turned on at the same time as the pump switched to high setting. Correct?

@JamesW - couldn't I do this all with just two timers, one 104 and one 106. I'd hook up the pump the way the diagram is shown above. But then for the Polaris, I'd run the common from terminal 4 of the 104 to the Polaris as well and then connect the Polaris to terminal 3 of the 106. That would make it so the Polaris turned on at the same time as the pump switched to high setting. Correct?
You can do it like that as long as you're not overloading the breaker.

You can remove the booster timer mechanism and insert the T106 timer mechanism in the existing box and then rewire.

Also, note that the T106 clock mechanism has to be connected to the same terminals as the T104 clock mechanism.

All my pool equipment is on one large double breaker (not sure of amps - at work) and I've never had an issue tripping the breaker.

From memory (which sucks) the current setup is - power from timer A (controls pump) flows to timer B (controls Polaris). Obviously the clocks for both are always powered.

If I did it this way, I might also insert a manual light-type switch in between the timer and Polaris in case I don't want it operating for some reason

Just playing with options for now. I may want to wait until my father in law comes to town to wire this all up. He's not quite an electrician, but about as close as you can get to it without actually being one. I just need to determine what to have on hand when he gets here.

Since you want to limit it to two switches (presumably to avoid adding another enclosure) there is another option at about $100 more.

The Intermatic P1353ME can be installed into almost any Intermatic enclosure and supports a dual speed pump and a booster pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.