Time to clean filter?

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
So I cleaned it on 10/31/2016, last year three months after new pool construction. Once filters were cleaned the pressure was running the following:
3.5 psi at 1300rpm
22 psi at 3000 rpm

Well I watch it closely and it and today it still at the same pressure at 1300 rpm. Now my yard has no trees and the filter is a very oversized cartridge filter Jandy CV580,it’s rated to 40,000 gallons, my pool is 10, 770 gallons.

Odd? I figured I would clean it when the pressure increased like 20% but it has not moved. Perhaps I will just clean it next weekend for good measure.

Thoughts?

t,

That is the advantage of having a big filter and a VS pump... I have a very similar set up, and conditions, and clean my filter twice a year. Once before the start of pool season, and then after the season is done and before it gets to cold to be outside cleaning them... I'm sure I could go a year, but my OCD won't let me... :p

I would recommend cleaning your filter at least once every year, but that is just my personal view and not based on any technical data.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

The pressure in my DE filter went up by 0.5psi from the last time I cleaned it (April 2017). I can go a full year and it will barely push 1psi increase.

If your filter is like that, then don’t worry about % increase in pressure and just do a scheduled annual (or bi-annual) cleaning.

Cleaned the filter today, actually not too bad for 1 year. The cartridges looked about as dirty as they did after 3 months from the build. Pressure remained the same. Will probably do this once per year.

My Jandy cartridge filter also never shows an increase on the pressure gauge. I will just clean every 2-3 months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.