Tiled pool

rstephenson

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Wasn't sure where to put this question but : Does anyone have a tiled pool ??? Not just the water line, but the ENTIRE pool
If so, what are your thought and do you have any pictures ?

initially we considered painting our concrete pool, but after learning the reality of paint here on this site we did a huge pendulum swing and are now looking at possibly tiling the entire pool. It would be under 350 sq ft of 1"x1" glass tiles.

I've done crazier things in my life but i'm curious to see if there is anyone out there that has this already

The only recommendation i can make is if you are going to do it, you have to use the best adhesive and epoxy grout out there and with the longest warranty. Look into Latticret, products. The Platinum 254 adhesive and the Spectralock Pro epoxy grout.

Reactions: rstephenson

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've also understand that Europe likes to use tile also
Plaster, i'd have to hire out and the ballpark quotes i've gotten were barely under the price of tile.(just product, NOT install)
Plaster lasts 7-12 ish years,, whereas tile can last much longer if done correctly.

I'll probably be the one doing the tile so the labor is actually really cheap........ unfortunately. lol

The wife is ordering tile samples and it's crazy how different the quality and pricing can be.

Anyone have a good source for tile ?!?!

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Tile going in in this renovation too:

Reactions: rstephenson
Curious to know the cost to purchase the tiles and install in your region?
This is the brand i bought https://kolorines.mx/en/ exchange rate fluctuates but aprox 1K for the tile and labor daily wages, so very cheap. The expensive part is the quality adhesive and epoxy grout by Laticret.

Reactions: Watershow
We bought a home with a tiled pool and have been in it since February (The house that is, not the pool :laughblue:).

One thing I have wondered is in the Pool math app, do I select Plaster, Vinyl or Fiberglass? There is no option of tiled so I chose Plaster. Not sure if it makes any difference really.

Thoughts? I imagine it was very expensive at the time to have it done but it looks amazing and I certainly haven't come across any negatives

6c67f9964d1947fd34d934b9278242f7_pl.jpga4fe2972165fea5a94e4de87aae47373_pl.jpg

I saw a pool being tiled in a mosaic sea scene. . . Of course I can't find it!

So I did a search: Mosaic pool tile installation
Attached GORGEOUS spa from here:

Attachments

• Spa5-970x645.jpg
    Spa5-970x645.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Love
Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.