Tiled pool

rstephenson

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
Wasn't sure where to put this question but : Does anyone have a tiled pool ??? Not just the water line, but the ENTIRE pool
If so, what are your thought and do you have any pictures ?

initially we considered painting our concrete pool, but after learning the reality of paint here on this site we did a huge pendulum swing and are now looking at possibly tiling the entire pool. It would be under 350 sq ft of 1"x1" glass tiles.

I've done crazier things in my life but i'm curious to see if there is anyone out there that has this already

Flying Tivo

Jan 24, 2017
Monterrey, NL, Mexico
The only recommendation i can make is if you are going to do it, you have to use the best adhesive and epoxy grout out there and with the longest warranty. Look into Latticret, products. The Platinum 254 adhesive and the Spectralock Pro epoxy grout.

Reactions: rstephenson

rstephenson

Jun 26, 2019
Texas
I've also understand that Europe likes to use tile also
Plaster, i'd have to hire out and the ballpark quotes i've gotten were barely under the price of tile.(just product, NOT install)
Plaster lasts 7-12 ish years,, whereas tile can last much longer if done correctly.

I'll probably be the one doing the tile so the labor is actually really cheap........ unfortunately. lol

The wife is ordering tile samples and it's crazy how different the quality and pricing can be.

Anyone have a good source for tile ?!?!

Reactions: Flying Tivo

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
Tile going in in this renovation too:

Reactions: rstephenson