KHP

Mar 14, 2021
Vancouver, BC Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just wondering, for those in the construction phase, are you having any trouble sourcing waterline tile? I’m being told there are all kinds of shortages due to covid and/or Texas weather emergency. I’m in Canada so that seems to be adding to the problem. I’ve chosen two different tiles, each time being told they are not available. It will be at least May before they are and am feeling pressure to to just pick something but I dont want to spend all this money and end up with a tile I don’t like. Pool guy wants me to choose from NPT but I can’t find anything I like from there right now that is in stock. Bonus points if anyone has Canadian sources. Thanks for any help and suggestions you might have. Frustrated and sleepless in Vancouver.

All tile is manufactured outside of the US or Canada. Supply chains have been disrupted this past year both due to Covid and shipping delays. Retail outlets and distributors cannot plan when they get products. They get them when they arrive.

If you want to build now then select from existing inventory. Otherwise there is no predicting what your wait may be.

We are in Texas, a couple of the tiles we were looking at were out of stock but we ended up with a tile we liked more after we found out which were in stock.

I would contact some local tile stores and see what they have that is suitable for use in pools and then look at them in person. See if they will let you take a couple of samples home to look at by your pool so you can see how the light plays off the tile. You may find something you love that you would have not considered just looking at a photo.

Reactions: sunsetseeker
Try these guys: Classic Pool Tile and Stone

They have an amazing selection and even 6x12. They ship you up to 5 samples free. They have everything in stock at their location. I’m just not sure what shipping costs would be to you. They offer preferred pricing to your pool builder though so you want them to place the final order. They will ship you samples directly.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.