Bronze Supporter
Sep 6, 2018
New Braunfels, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all. My wife and I are building our first pool and we are at the stage of picking tile and finish. Our pool is 16x38 rectangle with 6ft of it as a sun shelf. I’m 99% sure I want the SS Midnight Blue mini pebble or PebbleSheen Oven Blue and I’m trying to find a tile to compliment the color of the water. We live in Central TX and we will be using the native white limestone for coping. We will have a positive edge (faux infinity) along the back side of the pool. Water depth will be 3.5’ to 6’ and mostly sunny. I’ve vascilated between a dark blue tile with a gray swirl or a faux slate gray tile for around the pool. I’ve never seen a Midnight Blue or Ocean Blue pool in-person so we are having a difficult time figuring which tile to go with. From the pics online, it appears the water is a deep blue most of the time (in direct sunlight) and a greenish hue in shade. Therefore, I am at a loss, should we go with a dark blue tile or a dark gray tile? We would like a glass tile to add some life to the positive edge on the back and can’t figure which route to go with this either. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Brandon

419AC72F-089B-4B5F-B980-F4EA65F26B84.jpg

Hi Brandon! :wave: I was poking around in unanswered posts and found yours from some 2.5 weeks ago. Shame no one replied with any opinions on your colors. For what it's worth, that is shaping up to be a nice pool. I suspect you've moved on from the color choices and the build is much further than what we see in this pic. We hope to see what the finished product looks like. I was at Canyon Lake this past weekend with all that rain. Hopefully the rain isn't slowing things down too much for you.

Good Evening Pat,

Thanks for reaching-out. Unfortunately Mother-Nature hasn’t been kind to us with our build. We have finally managed to get coping on and tile is due to start tomorrow. I will get a thread started with our build soon to show progress.

Thanks again,

Brandon

Hi there,

We went with Mastertile MASCRACOB 6. It’s a cobalt blue crackle tile. It works but not my favorite with the color of my water. We have a lot of trees, therefore my pool water has a more greenish hue. Picking a tile and pebble was a hard task for sure. If you need pics let me know and I can put them in a google drive folder for you.

Good Luck!

Brandon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.