Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi,

We have asked our PB to redo our tile work on the spillway between our pool and attached spa two times for our pool remodel. We are curious of your assessment (quality, longevity of current condition of tile work, etc.) of the work done the second time? Would you recommend bullnose corners in the future? How hard would it be to redo the tile in the future without our new pebble plaster job being disrupted or completely draining the pool?

Thank you very much for your suggestions.IMG_4980.JPGIMG_4981.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4976.JPG
    IMG_4976.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4993.jpeg
    IMG_4993.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
S,

What is it that you do not like?

The pics don't expand, so it is hard to tell what the problem is.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for your reply, Jim. Will attach larger pictures. Curious about the overall tile job (quality, longevity, etc.)
for a pool remodel? Didn't do any kind of bullnose tile or grout on the edges? Could that cause any issues in the future?

Last edited:
I see what you are seeing and it looks like the bottom shelf tilers were on your job site :( I do not like the end pieces. Way too much grout showing. The moving water will erode that over time.

@AQUA~HOLICS how would your guys do this?
Thanks for the reply. Yes and the work you are is seeing is for the second time after having redone the first try.

My suggestion would be to hire a more competent tile setter completely on your own and deduct that cost from the overall cost of the pool and this would also include the removal.
It’s all in the layout prior to actuality placing the tiles. This allows for the proper grout thickness.
The grout is the weakest part of the tile installation, and your pictures show lots of grout.
Appears to me the cause of this happening a second time may be due to inexperience or Lowe bid or both.

Reactions: SLUBOPOOL
My suggestion would be to hire a more competent tile setter completely on your own and deduct that cost from the overall cost of the pool and this would also include the removal.
It’s all in the layout prior to actuality placing the tiles. This allows for the proper grout thickness.
The grout is the weakest part of the tile installation, and your pictures show lots of grout.
Appears to me the cause of this happening a second time may be due to inexperience or Lowe bid or both.
Thank you for your suggestions and reply. Third time is the charm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.