Benkg43

Mar 2, 2021
Richmond,TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
it’s about 15 months old. Yesterday it tripped the power supply while in the pool. I reset the power supply and it tripped again right away. Not really sure where to start my troubleshooting. Any thoughts?

If the breaker trips when the robot is not plugged into the power supply, then the power supply is dead.

If the breaker only trips when the robot is connected, then most likely the motor box is flooded.

My guess is that the power supply is bad...

I would think it would still be under warranty.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If the breaker trips when the robot is not plugged into the power supply, then the power supply is dead.

If the breaker only trips when the robot is connected, then most likely the motor box is flooded.

My guess is that the power supply is bad...

I would think it would still be under warranty.

Thanks,

Jim R.
It only trips when I turn on the robot. Is a flooded motor box user fixable if my warranty is expired?

Last edited:

Just need to make sure you did the following..

1. Unplug the robot from the power supply.
2. Turn the power supply on as if the robot was connected.
3. If the circuit breaker pops, it has to be internal to the power supply. (Buy a new power supply)
4. If the breaker does not pop, connect the robot and turn on the power supply again.
5. If the breaker pops, it pretty much has to be something in the robot..

In the big picture, if it only pops with the robot connected, I would think that the robot is the problem, but depending on the design of the power supply, it might not work at all, unless the robot is connected.

If you have to send it back for repair, they will want both the robot and the power supply,

When the motor box floods, then the only fix is a new motor box.. The motor box might not be flooded and maybe it is something else, but.. based on your original question, I would have to assume fixing anything inside the motor box would not be a DIY fix... :(

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just need to make sure you did the following..

1. Unplug the robot from the power supply.
2. Turn the power supply on as if the robot was connected.
3. If the circuit breaker pops, it has to be internal to the power supply. (Buy a new power supply)
4. If the breaker does not pop, connect the robot and turn on the power supply again.
5. If the breaker pops, it pretty much has to be something in the robot..

In the big picture, if it only pops with the robot connected, I would think that the robot is the problem, but depending on the design of the power supply, it might not work at all, unless the robot is connected.

If you have to send it back for repair, they will want both the robot and the power supply,

When the motor box floods, then the only fix is a new motor box.. The motor box might not be flooded and maybe it is something else, but.. based on your original question, I would have to assume fixing anything inside the motor box would not be a DIY fix... :(

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yeah PS is fine until robot gets involved. Great response, thank you. I’ll register for warranty in the morning if it’s not too late.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.