Tidalfit Swimspa / Jacuzzi

ras29la

Aug 15, 2020
Torrance, CA
My Swimspa is 2100 gallons. My jacuzzi is 430 gallons. I just got the Taylor K-2006 test kit. I have just been using the chemicals and test strips that came with the pool/spa. I’ve been adding Clorox bleach to pool and spa daily (approx 1 1/2 cups to Swimspa and 1/2 cup to jacuzzi). I’m going to purchase liquid CYA today and start using the K-2006. Is it ok to continue to use Clorox? I’ve been told to purchase Borax and Baking soda. Any suggestions on what items are needed? I plan on utilizing pool math app and following TFP.

Welcome to the forum!
Clorox brand bleach contains Cloromax. It is not recommended to use that product in a pool or spa.
I am sure you can find plain liquid chlorine at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, or a HASA dealer.
I doubt you will need borax or baking soda. You might need some acid to control your pH.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

I’m trying to follow Taylor 2006 test. Swimspa looks like it’s doing well. Water is clear and blue. Jacuzzi water looks like it has a green tint to it. Plus, it seems to have a more noticeable chemical smell than the Swimspa. Any suggestions.

I've been running my swim spa for 2 years now and it was hard find specific information for them. I ended up treating it like a hot tub and following the thread that mknauss linked for you.

One key is the Chlorine. Use chlorine with no additives, and know that all chlorine is not created equal. You need to know the strength. LIDL brand is what I use the most.. its 8%. The Ace Hardware brand is 5.5%, and stay as far away from the BiLo brand as you can ... it's like 3%. We've used the LIDL brand exclusively until recently with chlorine hard to find. I've resorted to the liquid chlorine that Ace Hardware carries at 5.5%. It's not actually "ACE Hardware" brand, but it's the generic brand they carry in my area. I keep my chlorine higher than normal at around 8 ppm, mainly because I'm not always reliable at checking every day. I typically add 24 oz of chlorine every 3 days or so and about 8 oz per person per hour after a swim. If you have an ozone generator then you have to watch chlorine closer. I think mine stopped working, but while it was running I was losing close to half of my chlorine per day, which is consistent with other posts I've read on these forums in the past.

I followed the procedures in the "How do I use chlorine in my Spa" thread and found that my PH stabilizes right around a Total Alkalinity of 50-60 . Once I hit that point I rarely have to do anything else. Add Chlorine on schedule and add a couple ounces (use pool math) of Muriatic Acid every week or so when PH gets high. I did add about 40 ppm of Borates (Boric Acid), so that is helping to keep my PH consistent. I'm mixed on it though, so I'm not planning on adding it for the next fill to see how things go.

When in doubt, follow the instructional threads. My experience above is just to give you an idea of how things have worked for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.