Bronze Supporter
Apr 17, 2022
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our filters are just three months old and when we took them out to clean them because we felt the pool wasn’t getting as clean as normal they looked really beat up. Plastic was cracked and the bands were torn. What could’ve caused this? Is this normal wear and tear or is this a pressure issue?C71A7B73-EFA6-44B2-AA57-827F347FDE84.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The builder needs to come out and fix this including new cartridges,
they already came out and replaced the cartridges, just yesterday. They are coming out tomorrow to replumb but I’m not sure if will need new cartridges again. We’ve been running the filter for the last 24 hours so I guess we’ll see how badly they’re damaged

Reactions: JamesW
You would hope that after the cartridges failed multiple times, the builder would take a few minutes to try to figure out what might have caused the problem.

The plumber is busy working on a new job.

View attachment 426958
The pool is only a few months old, I just noticed it wasn’t filtering very well so we decided to take it apart and change them out and that’s when we saw the damage. We sent them a picture of the filters and they came out and changed them, they thought it might’ve happened when they were priming the pump and the filter got back pressure (They had a very hard time priming the pump, it took like two days). Then y’all posted your pictures and my husband and I went out and checked and sure enough it’s plumbed backwards. I contacted them and they said they’d be out tomorrow to fix it

Seems like maybe a problem in the suction lines.

Maybe they got the suctions and returns backwards?
My husband says they got that part right, because everything’s coming out the right way. He says he thinks they had a missing O-ring on the intake to the pump and were sucking air and that’s why they had such a hard time priming it (their official reason was they thought there was a blockage from plaster in the pipes).

It’s been a fun time.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.