Thread of Disgust.

Right! What a waste of a glass, a beverage, ice, calories and an opportunity to drink something meaningful. :cheers:
Yup, but we're not retired (YET, can't come soon enough). He gets his real, mexican cola from the Roach Coach outside his manufacturing company. I like your line of thought there, though!!!! :D

Wow. I went to put detergent into the washer and it is less ounces. Crazy.

For a couple of other reasons and this, Blue Bell has become one of my favorite companies. Gig 'em!

I love their motto, "Eat all you can, sell the rest.". Sounds like a great place to work.

Is it just me, or have toilet paper rolls gotten narrower?

So funny...yet NOT!!! I've been very upset about toothpaste for some time now. Used to, you could roll the tube up and squeeze out every last drop. Now it seems they have decided that toothpaste needs to be in some kind of puffy space suit. These things do not roll up and when it looks like there is still half a tube left...it's empty. The prices are outrageous too! Can I use BBB on my teeth?

Crystal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JamesW, that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA Crystal!!!!! It is a very serious situation, toothpaste. (JamesW had a more serious application now, yet I'm not sure who regulates the prices, (lol) Maybe there is a TFP for teeth, with regular, cheaper chemicals? I'm on board!!

toilet paper! notice how much extra roller you have now? the cadboard tube is a larger diameter and the width of the rolls is at least a half inch less than it used to be. I can almost stack 4 rolls in my cupboard when a few years ago a stack three high only left a little clearance.

toilet paper! notice how much extra roller you have now? the cadboard tube is a larger diameter and the width of the rolls is at least a half inch less than it used to be. I can almost stack 4 rolls in my cupboard when a few years ago a stack three high only left a little clearance.
I hadn't noticed before, but yes it would be a very easy way to cut corners.

Vienna sausages. Used to get eight in a can and they were jammed together and now the label says "about 8" and you ALWAYS get 7. And they are loose.

- - - Updated - - -

Breakfast cereals. The boxes have the same frontal area today but have been getting less and less depth.

Trash bags. This is a racket. I like the Blackout bags because they go better with our stainless steel garbage can in the kitchen (plus it makes me feel better when I can't see alcohol we've drank). Not only did they cut 5 bags out of the box, they cut the size and call it 'stretchable'. Yep, there is nothing I like more than wrestling like a WWE or whatever wrestling fighter, with my garbage bag to make sure everything fits. It makes my day. I should put that on my Resume, "Garbage Bag Officer".

I went up to 39 gallon pull string black bags from dollar general. You can overload a 30 gallon can, pull the bag up, and it all fits so you can tie it. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness to Clorox, that jug has been 121 oz as long as I can remember......11 years or so.

Breyers used to be my ice cream of choice (I do not present this award lightly!) But they followed the herd of slithering businesses and lowered their container from 1/2 gallon to about 25% less yet kept the same price.

I switched to Blue Bell ice cream who maintains their 1/2 gallon size (maybe the only one?). I soon discovered the quality of their product was better than Breyer's, anyway. What an eye opener that was. For a couple of other reasons and this, Blue Bell has become one of my favorite companies. Gig 'em!

Their banana pudding ice cream is so good I've never tried any of their other flavors. Wow that stuff is good. Like homemade banana pudding that's frozen. It's that good!

I'm not suggesting that you put an empty tequila bottle in the back of a Hummer H2 and drive a 60 mile round trip to recycle it! Aluminum cans are a different story. Aluminum is expensive to make, easy to store and transport and easily recycled, yet Americans do a lousy job at it. The next time you empty a can, shake it out in the sink or on the yard. If you want to, you can add a tablespoon of water and shake empty again. It won't smell or attract pests if you do this. Dent the side of the can and then place it on the ground and step on each end to smash it flat. You can also invest in a wall-mounted can smasher. Toss the cans in a storage bin until you make your next run to the city. Even hundreds of cans are light and can fit in the trunk of even the smallest Hummer, and it won't effect gas mileage even a little! :)

(even if you have no intention of doing this, "ok Roller, I'll recycle" is the recommended response here. While your box of soap has shrunk, my soapbox is massive, and made of recycled aluminum cans!) :)

I was gonna recycle aluminum cans when I was about 12 years old. I got a couple bags together and was finally gonna go cash it in. Then they dropped the price of scrap aluminum almost in half. I was so mad I just threw them all in the trash to spite them. After watching how San Francisco recycles all their trash on dirty jobs, watching a local trash truck dump a recycling dumpster in with the regular dumpsters, and having four kids, I have pretty much given up on recycling for now. I still get depressed seeing all that trash sometimes though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.