Thoughts on Jandy Aquapure Ei?

Ei,

A little more or a little less than 2x is fine. Actual chlorine production from different models make exact 2x impossible in some cases. I just did SWG addition. Here's what I learned that may be helpful
  • Most important factor to me was $/lb chlorine production. This varies a LOT.
  • Warranty varies a LOT too. Beware Jandy warranty is zero for DIY.
  • What brand your other equipment is can be important. Same brand as automation makes easier install with full control. If you're OK with on-off and run-time you can save a LOT. I was since % production only changes very slowly so adjusting is a once or twice per year event, not weekly or daily.
  • Some 3rd party equipment has great reviews. Some don't. Many on here like Circupool and PureLine. This was cheaper and better warranty for me.
I hope this helps.

Chris

Ei,

A little more or a little less than 2x is fine. Actual chlorine production from different models make exact 2x impossible in some cases. I just did SWG addition. Here's what I learned that may be helpful
  • Most important factor to me was $/lb chlorine production. This varies a LOT.
  • Warranty varies a LOT too. Beware Jandy warranty is zero for DIY.
  • What brand your other equipment is can be important. Same brand as automation makes easier install with full control. If you're OK with on-off and run-time you can save a LOT. I was since % production only changes very slowly so adjusting is a once or twice per year event, not weekly or daily.
  • Some 3rd party equipment has great reviews. Some don't. Many on here like Circupool and PureLine. This was cheaper and better warranty for me.
I hope this helps.

Chris
thanks

yea the PBs i have talked to stick with one brand for all equipment:

the jandy PB mentioned the aquapure ei about 2-300 cheaper then the standard design SWCG.

and on some SWCG has digital display units to show levels, but recommendation is to manual test levels. are the readings that inaccurate?

ty in adavnce

thanks

yea the PBs i have talked to stick with one brand for all equipment:

the jandy PB mentioned the aquapure ei about 2-300 cheaper then the standard design SWCG.

and on some SWCG has digital display units to show levels, but recommendation is to manual test levels. are the readings that inaccurate?

ty in adavnce

Yep, definitely measure salt yourself. As the cell ages a lot of the internal meters become more inaccurate. And none are as accurate as the drop test. Sometimes cleaning the cell will help if the reading gets too far off.. Instructions on this seem to vary by brand. There is definitely a benefit to go with the builders preference if he has one and most do. Avoids finger-pointing if warranty issues occur. You can always use a replacement cell from a 3rd party later on if that is a better deal at the time. If it were me I'd try to find a builder I liked that would go with Hayward, Pentair or any other major than Jandy because I'm a serious DIYer and Jandy won't warranty DIY. If you're not a DIYer then this doesn't matter at all. I think they all make great equipment. Also, picking a builder for the equipment brand is sort of the tail wagging the dog. Most important about the builder selection is his capability on the 10's of thousands $ for the pool, and how good the fit is with you. Of course if you can get both that's ideal.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Had a big question. can SWCG void a pebbletec of diamond brite plaster?

One PB stated if use a SWCG, it will void any plaster type warranty?
big spill on how the sale will damage pool and finishes
does this sound like a bully move or what.....

thank you in advance

Had a big question. can SWCG void a pebbletec of diamond brite plaster?

One PB stated if use a SWCG, it will void any plaster type warranty?
big spill on how the sale will damage pool and finishes
does this sound like a bully move or what.....

thank you in advance
Ditch the PB! Here's a quote from Pebble Tec's website:

"There are many misconceptions when it comes to the benefits of saltwater and chlorine pools. The good news —both are perfectly safe for your pebble pool finish! The three main factors that help individuals decide on which option is best are maintenance level, price, and physical side effects. With a little research, you can find the best option for you and your family" Here's the link.
Doesn't sound like the right guy to build a pool form me!

Chris

Ditch the PB! Here's a quote from Pebble Tec's website:

"There are many misconceptions when it comes to the benefits of saltwater and chlorine pools. The good news —both are perfectly safe for your pebble pool finish! The three main factors that help individuals decide on which option is best are maintenance level, price, and physical side effects. With a little research, you can find the best option for you and your family" Here's the link.
Doesn't sound like the right guy to build a pool form me!

Chris

ty having a strange feeling about it tooo.
almost as if PB way or no other way....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.