New Orleans
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
New guy here. I will be adopting the BBB approach to managing my pool chemistry, but I still have some Clorox Xtra Blue products: Clorox Shock Xtra Blue and Clorox Xtra Blue Chlorinating tablets

The shock has copper, the tablets some form of stabilizer. My CYA levels got high. I had to go through a long series of backwashing and adding water, and with the help of a hurricane and a recent deluge, got it back into a normal range. Are they the equivalent of prepared foods loaded with salt and preservatives (to make an analogy to bad human diet) or am I ok to use them out until they are gone, before I start with bleach? Or should I transition with bleach and the Xtra Blue products?

Blue is a code word in pool products for containing copper. You never want to add copper to your pool water. We recommend you never use any pool product with “Blue” on the label.

Trash the blue stuff you have.

In general I don't buy Clorox pool products.

Reactions: geh
Interesting, the pool guy who sub contracted my re-plastering (not the crooks at the local pool shop) said the Clorox pool products were good stuff, so I picked a bunch up from Costco. I will eat the cost if necessary. Kind of like how I cleared out my refrigerator completely to start on the Mediterranean and DASH diets (for blood pressure and cardio health). Is there any merit to using it sparingly?

Nope, trash it.

Or return it to Costco. They take anything back.

Clorox blue pool products support your replastering guys business.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.