This one is strange!

Mr T

Apr 12, 2014
Florida
I have a Sta-Rite SR333NA pool heater. Everything works fine with the pool heater cover off but with the cover on the heater keeps cycling on & off. There are no error codes or service heater lights on the display. I have put in all new electrical components but still no solution. It feels like it is not getting enough air into the blower but I have checked and there are no obstructions inside the cover and all the plastic air tubes to the various components are good.

Pool heater cover?
Or pool bubble cover?

Covering a heater would mean it doesn't breathe the way it needs to operate. Fire hazard.
I think maybe you mean bubble cover for pool?
Check to make sure it isn't impeding flow in the skimmer.

Reactions: markayash
Are the air inlet louvers on the cover completely open and not restricted with any debris? Is the exhaust vent and vent grill completely open and not restricted with ant debris? If both are ok, you might want to check the blower vanes for dirt and also check amp draw of the blower against its nameplate rating. How old is the heater?

That seems to leave the blower not operating at the correct speed (check amp draw against nameplate rated amp draw) and bad air pressure switch if all tubing is clear and not cracked ( check actual pressure developed against air pressure switch set point).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.