Thinking of getting a robot vacuum

Thanks for the tip. Side question, so do I run it with both sets of filters in place? Mine came preinstalled with a fine filter within the normal filter basket. I just started running it like that 5 minutes ago, it’s maiden cleaning.
I see you are in Marietta also, mine has picked up a bunch of yellow pollen these last few weeks along with my skimmer hair nets..Hoping this stuff calms down soon

I see you are in Marietta also, mine has picked up a bunch of yellow pollen these last few weeks along with my skimmer hair nets..Hoping this stuff calms down soon

Yes I hope so too. I have been running the pump a lot longer lately and I've had to clean the skimmer basket 3-4 times a day these last few days. The pine cone buds have been dropping like crazy. I'm new to GA (unincorporated Mariettta) and new to owning a pool so this has been a learning experience. I may leave the robot in until it all calms down a bit.

Yes I hope so too. I have been running the pump a lot longer lately and I've had to clean the skimmer basket 3-4 times a day these last few days. The pine cone buds have been dropping like crazy. I'm new to GA (unincorporated Mariettta) and new to owning a pool so this has been a learning experience. I may leave the robot in until it all calms down a bit.
Are you using hair nets on your skimners? If not it helps and they are cheap :)

yes, well skimmer socks from amazon. I see them picking up a fair amount of pollen.

Another option is hair nets, get a pack of 100 for around $10..That way you just remove and toss them vs cleaning. The thick yellow stuff will go away in Atlanta in another week hopefully

Right now about every 2 days, they are usually 1/2 stopped up with pollen :) I have a small rock I put in the net to hold it down but will work without also
Pro tip - Make sure any rock you use to keep the hairnet down is too large to go into the skimmer pipe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pro tip - Make sure any rock you use to keep the hairnet down is too large to go into the skimmer pipe.

i have been using the hairnets recently. I wish they were a little deeper. If I don’t set it right and the water is not very high, the baffle doesn’t have enough room to move. The skimmer socks are definitely better but hard to beat the value on the hair nets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.