(The Woodlands, TX) Area Contemporary Build - Jan 2023

Typically they leech off the closest or highest pressure hose bib for auto fill.
I'm sure it can be done, but the cost may not be worth it or if the pressure is too low then they may not feel comfortable stamping it as optimal.
For example mine is in the hose bib in the front of the house versus the hose bib right Infront of the pool. The plumber shared the bib up front had better pressure to handle splitting the load.
Not sure how much of it was true, but it works perfectly fine.

Reactions: HermanTX and Bijju
Things have slowed down a bit. Post gunite, they have completed plumbing, excavated for the sunken pergola area. Next is tile and coping.

We did have an issue with the SPA drain being half inch crooked, our PB told us he will have his gunite guys chip, straighten it and use hydarulic cement over it.

Other than that, its going good and enjoying the process so far! 😀

View attachment 476564View attachment 476565View attachment 476566
Nice looking equipment pad. I like that they used sweep elbows.

Reactions: Bijju
Typically they leech off the closest or highest pressure hose bib for auto fill.
I'm sure it can be done, but the cost may not be worth it or if the pressure is too low then they may not feel comfortable stamping it as optimal.
For example mine is in the hose bib in the front of the house versus the hose bib right Infront of the pool. The plumber shared the bib up front had better pressure to handle splitting the load.
Not sure how much of it was true, but it works perfectly fine.
Got it, we decided to leave it there and build a small wooden box around it or green shrub like attached to cover itScreenshot_20230312_094542_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: newdude and kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWEET!!! SO close!

How are you going to remove water from the covered area? I see the slotted tiles but don't remember where that goes to.
Thank and yes, construction teaches how to be patient lol

Correct, those slotted travertine pavers are drains. Our PB added 4 drains in the covered area. Since we have slope in the backyard, we would just divert the water out to the backfield through drains

Great design. I love the different flame elements going on here, that's going to look gorgeous at night. Floating steps in front of the rain curtain is a nice touch. I also like that you went with the ledge there by the sunken firepit area. Makes that area a subtle little swim up bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am completely in love with your finished cantilever shade structure and the perimeter overflow spa and ledge. So slick and modern. Please remind me if that is a fire pit between them.

I am a big fan of elevation changes in general and the way you introduced them into a flat yard to make the design so much more interesting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.