the right mix for fountain water

cwread

Oct 15, 2022
san miguel de allende
We have what was a fish pond approximately 1000gallons, which we now maintain as a clear water fountain. Finally have the algae problem under control, have new filter on pump. We have someone to test water (keep us at about a 7 pH), add chloro and "pH minus" they call it here, and clean filter bieweekly. my question: is there a "standard" equivalency of dry chloro powder to liquid chloro? I'm used to liquid (eg 4 ozs chloro for 1000 gals biweekly) but need to figure the powder equivalent. In my pool when young, acid was typically used at less than 1/4 amount of chloro.
Any thoughts?

We had a freshwater "pond" pool with fish and water plants at our place in San Miguel de Allende. The fish died (gardener forgot) so we cleared the plants and now it's essentially a fountain with a large (3meter x 1.5m x .5m deep) basin. We've had algae issues and now have clear water. Goal is to simply keep it clean and clear, not for pool use. So looking for recs on how much cloro and "pH minus" we should plan on.

We had a freshwater "pond" pool with fish and water plants at our place in San Miguel de Allende. The fish died (gardener forgot) so we cleared the plants and now it's essentially a fountain with a large (3meter x 1.5m x .5m deep) basin. We've had algae issues and now have clear water. Goal is to simply keep it clean and clear, not for pool use. So looking for recs on how much cloro and "pH minus" we should plan on.
Clean and clear sounds an awful like a "pool."

My guess is that you'll need to treat this like a pool in most all areas to avoid algae, scaling, etc.

my question: is there a "standard" equivalency of dry chloro powder to liquid chloro? I'm used to liquid (eg 4 ozs chloro for 1000 gals biweekly) but need to figure the powder equivalent.
Even though this is a fountain (or water garden) versus a pool, you should be able to determine your dosage equivalencies by using our PoolMath APP. Enter all the fountain profile parameters (gallons, etc) then go to the "Effects of Adding" section and experiment with various products and amounts to see the effect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.