The Return of the Pool That Just Won't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's clearly a good bit of progress made! Keep it up!!

I'd like you to also take a quick look at this article, Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter. With you just moving into the house you don't have the knowledge of just what all's hidden inside of that filter. A good "deep cleaning" of your filter is very likely long overdue. Read over the article and ask any questions you may have.

Also continue to maintain your FC level above 12ppm.

He popped the top a while back and looked inside... surprisingly clean

So don't do it right this moment, but maybe at a later date?

- - - Updated - - -

The cloudiness of the water is still an issue, but as CJ says, probably a patience issue. ;)

I would personally hold off on the deep clean right now. ITs time consuming and you're right in the middle of the slam. Don't want to lose any momentum you have built up. You are right on the edge of clean and clear.
Did you ever see if you had a moveable eyeball?

- - - Updated - - -

Check your CYA again today...hopefully you are above 30 and you can ramp up the chlorine a bit more

I agree to hold off on deep cleaning for now. Start though reading up on the article as my gut says you'll greatly benefit from it in the near future. Your chemistry is slowly starting to "come around" and is starting to look good. When doing the chlorine test, are you measuring any CC's??????

No moveable eyeball on the return, but if you think it would be beneficial I'd totally buy one.

I do not check CCs. Do you think I should? I'd be happy to if you think it's worth it at this point.

I'll run home for lunch and do a quick CYA test. Hopefully I can catch some sun.

No moveable eyeball on the return, but if you think it would be beneficial I'd totally buy one.

I do not check CCs. Do you think I should? I'd be happy to if you think it's worth it at this point.

I'll run home for lunch and do a quick CYA test. Hopefully I can catch some sun.

Itll help get a circular flow going but not a major thing...

Check CCs... itll tell us how close you are getting to being ready for an OCLT.. All 3 criteria need to be met to pass

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes. Keep slamming until all 3 criteria are met.. I think your clarity might be the hanger in this situation...

Straight from the slam instructions-
Depending on what kind of filter you have, it can take the filter a week or more to completely clear up the water, even after all of the algae is dead. DE filters are usually much faster than that, but require frequent attention when cleaning up algae. Sand filters are the slowest, and cartridge filters are somewhere in-between.

As for stabilizer, you could add enuf to get to 40 right now and pump up the target fc to 16. If you are really at the 30 line on the tube, I would check pool math and add what it tells you to get to 37ish. Thatll give you a little wiggle room but keep you in the perfect range. With your CYA test, there really is no "in between the lines" value.. So if your dot disappears between 30 and 40, then you target 40 for all intents and purposes.

Ok.. just don't want anything taking away from the chlorine but its sounds like you have a plan.

With the CC at 0 it sounds like all the algae is taken care of, now its just the waiting game to get the water cleared up..
So.. if you want to get some practice in, you can do an OCLT tonight just to see where you stand. You may actually pass the FC drop but its that clarity that's going to be the painful part

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.