The Return of the Pool That Just Won't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not a big thing but a little better circulation might help a bit. Rather than pushing your jet straight back out into the pool, a little tornado action will help get things back into the skimmer.

Diligence and attention... you may just get a chance to float soon

That's a big Nope to our recommendation to clarifiers. They simply don't always work as advertised. Keep focusing on maintaining your FC level at 12ppm. It will likely take awhile to turn, but once it's clear you'll have the knowledge to keep it clear. It took some time to turn the greenish mess......it will take some time to clear. Keep at it!

I probably know the answer to this already, but I have to ask JIC. What about chemicals that claim to clarify the water? Should I or shouldn't I?

Good question...
I looked into it the last time it was brought up. The dude in the vid claimed it was a 24 hour shift but, you can never tell what has actually been done in an edited video... Algaecide, doesn't actually kill the algae...it helps to prevent its return... at a cost much higher than bleach. Chlorine kills algae and prevents its return as long as it is maintained as is with all the other chemicals.

Here is my pool... IT looks like this all the time... ZERO clarifier.. Zero Algaecide.. Only bleach..

20160617_074139.jpg

Just in case, my pump should be going 24/7 correct?
Correct

I probably know the answer to this already, but I have to ask JIC. What about chemicals that claim to clarify the water? Should I or shouldn't I?

Clarifiers at times can help speed up clearing the water......but only if the chemistry and filtering are perfect. Otherwise they're simply a Band-Aid and can cause multiple different problem. Your chemistry is not perfect at this point so I would stick with chlorine only while backwashing your filter when needed.

Have you tested your FC lately? What was it??? How are you doing on reagents???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.