The more i research equipment the more confused and frustrate i get.

ahreno

Apr 11, 2024
ukiah, ca
Going with a inground vinyl pool from royalpools. i30k± gallons i guess. 18x36' to 40'? with a tanning ledge off to the side to make an L. 48" walls. will plumb with 2" pvc. All the prices are similar enough that i dont care about saving $100 or 2.

no water features, DIY solar heater if any heater. no slide. two bubblers in the tanning ledge that would be cool to be able to control by my phone but it's not worth $1000+. Trying to go barebones but not cut corners on essential equipment.

what pump to get? Was leaning towards IntelliFlo3 but supplier says the 1.5hp ($1700) is too small and the 3hp ($2200?) way too big. They're trying to say to get a Hayward Tristar VS 950 ($2K)(originally suggested Tristar XE). It seems fairly unanimous to go pentair pumps over hayward. i said no to hayward and he then suggested Pentair Whisperflo VST 2.6 THP VS ($1650.00) which he says is overkill too.

I dont really care. i like the app control of the intelliflo3 but not sure i'd even use it. I want a **reliable**, **cost efficient** and quiet pump (in that order). nothing crazy just good.

same with salt generators. originally suggested hayward aquarite 900 ($2k), then none and **just** do POOL FROG XL Pro with Mineral Cartridge (red flag), i'm requesting hayward s3 ($2k). haven't had anyone really say to change from the s3.

And lights. wtf with lights. $3k for 3 Hayward Universal 12V ColorLogic? ouch. what about cheaper lights like spa electrics argon? or [srsmith](www.srsmith.com)

There is no such thing as a too big VS pump. Get the IntelliFlo3 011078 with the touch screen and IO board. You need the IO board or a timer to turn the SWG off when the pump is not running.

Hayward S3 is ok.

Pool LED lights are a Crud shoot. None have been proven to be reliable.