Northwestern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
When people talk about how much work comes with a pool they are usually talking about how much work a non TFPC pool requires to care for it. For that matter I take an average of 10 min per day to care for my pool. Actually less than 5 min in most days, but then there are full tests, dropping the robot in the water and brushing every once in a while.

The thing NOBODY told us before we got a pool is all the laundry that comes with it... Several extra loads of towels, swimsuits and other stuff that gets wet when using the pool to be washed and dried every day. It is several times more work than caring for the pool.

Is this something others also experience? Should pools should come with a disclaimer about that extra hidden work?

I ran a clothes line outside and put the wet towels and swimsuits on that. Use the natural uv to dry everything and its much less work that running a washer load after each swim! I needed a disclaimer about all the money I spent buying new floats and an entire swim suit wardrobe! One cannot wear the same swimsuit Tuesday that one wore on Monday. Its just not done!

Reactions: john0886
Reactions: zea3
+1 to the no need to wash everything all the time. A few years in we realized that everybody was coming out of the pool as steril as they’d ever be. The towels and suits got hung to dry in the sun and they were ready to go for next time.

Reactions: borjis and rcerf
Ditto on the towels & suits- they get washed if they get visibly dirty or once a week whichever comes 1st. The rule here is “your towel/suit- your responsibility” if you don’t want a dirty wet towel/suit you need to hang it up. We have hooks in the showers for suits (we rinse then hang) & enough hooks in the bathroom for each person to have a swim towel & a regular towel. Usually we hang towels on the deck rails until they’re dry then bring them in. I started implementing this long ago as i am not their personal maid to go following them around picking up what they leave behind whilst they wander aimlessly about- this methodology carries over to dishes & other messes produced 😁

Our towels sit over our chairs on the patio year around. Honestly do not remember the last time they were washed ----

Reactions: borjis

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you logically think it through, the ‘clean suit’ has to rinse all its residual detergents and fabric softeners in the clean pool, and *then* come out clean to start all over.

Don’t think there is a bunch of suds left in a ‘clean suit’ ????? Get a hot tub and enjoy the rave foam party.
1DE50DD4-369A-4D3C-AF5A-E9372229550E.gif

I will do the weird post of the day “ who needs swim suits”
Lol I am surrounded by houses so I can joke about that.
I spend way more time in my birthday suit in the pool than i thought i would to be honest lol usually at night. During the day its a roll off the dice...swim shorts, whatever shorts im wearing, or just my underwear. Its the beauty of having my own pool in my backyard...!

I ran a clothes line outside and put the wet towels and swimsuits on that. Use the natural uv to dry everything and its much less work that running a washer load after each swim! I needed a disclaimer about all the money I spent buying new floats and an entire swim suit wardrobe! One cannot wear the same swimsuit Tuesday that one wore on Monday. Its just not done!
That's a really nice idea! Would likely hear something from the "HOA" (in quotes as their operations are very questionable) here, so sadly I don't think that could work for us...unless....it's hidden ;)

I wish we cloud just leave stuff outside and it would dry… high humidity… stuff gets moist (some times dump) overnight.
Also my kids do a BIG mess with it all…

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.