The Green Monster is back!

RobbieH said:
What is this "algae stuff" you are adding? Here we use ordinary bleach for controlling algae.

Hi Robbie:
I added Algea Preventer bought at Leslie's pool supply (Poly(oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethyle < this is how its spelled on the bottle!

My problem was that I needed to control the metal problem first, and every time I had added bleach to the pool the metals became reactivated. Believe me, I prefer the BBB method but could not due to the metals. In order to prevent an algae bloom I resorted to the Algae preventer while I was trying to get rid of the metals.

The culator (little white bag placed in skimmer that draws metals out) has drawn metals out but it appears not enough, since as soon as I introduced "bleach" the pool turned green again! It's only slightly green so I hope it be back to blue tomorrow!

I am trying not to become frustrated... :? I'm seriously confused about what I am doing wrong! I truly took the time to read and re read what steps I needed to take to get rid of the metals and it seemed to work until this morning....I've been taking my time and have not been rushing things. I have not had any issue's with the pool for the last three years (or at least nothing that couldn't be solved easily), therefore, I am a bit at a loss.... :rant:

I am looking to raise my CYA now, in hopes that it will drop the Ph as well and I will go from there!!!
Frustrated in NC!!!!!
Thanks,
NC Salt!

RobbieH said:
Did you try the sequestrants that Jason recommended? I didn't see any mention of them.

Yes, I had used that first (the day he suggested it), sorry I forgot to update on that!
But I think I should go ahead an order the Purple Stuff (brand that Jason suggested)...I had a different Sequestrant on hand and used that...looks like I am paying for that one????? :hammer:

Used some stain remover, one cup, turned pool bank to blue. Ordered purple stuff will arrive tomorrow. Today's levels are: Ch .5, Ph 7.5, and CYA has been raised to 60 (Might raise to 70 but will wait and see once I've raised the FC).

There is some algae growing so I checked the pool calculator and came up with having to shock the pool to 34 (about 5 gallons of 6% bleach) is that correct? Just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.