The Great Slapulator Pool Saga

@Slapulator
Just happened to peruse your thread here.
There were two things in your thread that I caught notice of and that I appreciated so much, that I thought I would comment on.

1. Regarding your excuse for a digital flow meter. "These are purely for the geek in me." (y) I can relate. Seeing how plagiarism is the highest form of flattery. If you don't mind, I'm going to steal that line, the very next time I take a "ribbing" for all of my pool-related electronic "gadgets" and wizardry. :laughblue: All kidding aside though... Usually nothing wrong with it so long as you keep in mind that electronics and software sometimes fail so don't lean too hard on the toys. Always continue to back up all of that electronics with good solid "manual" testing and chemical management.

2. And coz you are a "geek". Good call on the upgrade from the i5 to the i8. I won't go into detail at this time (you got enough on your plate), but just trust me, you will find many "geeky" uses for those IntelliCenter Power Relays. I'm just not quite sure why your first posting of equipment, calls out an i5P (and you mention NO SPA). Then your last post with an equipment posting calls for the i8PS. Did you decide to add another "body" of water somewhere that I missed?

Lastly, when all is said and done. Please take a minute to give a review on the Flowvis Digital FV-D. A couple of us have been eyeballing that thing for a while now. I would really like to incorporate that "feed" into my current automation "mix"...

Thanks and good luck on your new build...
r.

Reactions: Slapulator
1. Regarding your excuse for a digital flow meter. "These are purely for the geek in me." (y) I can relate. Seeing how plagiarism is the highest form of flattery. If you don't mind, I'm going to steal that line, the very next time I take a "ribbing" for all of my pool-related electronic "gadgets" and wizardry. :laughblue: All kidding aside though... Usually nothing wrong with it so long as you keep in mind that electronics and software sometimes fail so don't lean too hard on the toys. Always continue to back up all of that electronics with good solid "manual" testing and chemical management.

Absolutely! I have analog and manual back ups for everything. Tech always fails when you need it most is my additional to Murphy's Law :)

2. And coz you are a "geek". Good call on the upgrade from the i5 to the i8. I won't go into detail at this time (you got enough on your plate), but just trust me, you will find many "geeky" uses for those IntelliCenter Power Relays. I'm just not quite sure why your first posting of equipment, calls out an i5P (and you mention NO SPA). Then your last post with an equipment posting calls for the i8PS. Did you decide to add another "body" of water somewhere that I missed?

I didn't add a SPA or anything new but I decided I wanted an actuator for the therapy jets and I did the math on buying the actuator vs upgrading to the i8 that comes with 2 and extra flexibility and I felt the cost difference was minimal for the spare actuator and flexibility to embrace my inter geek possibilities!

Lastly, when all is said and done. Please take a minute to give a review on the Flowvis Digital FV-D. A couple of us have been eyeballing that thing for a while now. I would really like to incorporate that "feed" into my current automation "mix"...

100% will do. This site has helped me in ways I can never pay back so providing information about how my stuff works out is part of my paying back and paying forward.

We are finally a go! For this chapter we shall call it the long long long wait of nothingness. After 13 weeks of my permit sitting with no movement in the county it got approved on Monday. Had my presite walkthrough today and Framing and dig crew will be here first of next week. Stay tuned the fun, mud and anxiety are about to start!

Last edited:
I can’t quite explain it, but something deep down inside makes me think it will help make her day.

Probably because Wowzers. Yeah. Definitely because Wowzers. Sweet pick Slap !!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oh my that is SO pretty!!! LOVE it!! Now lets talk about the mortar under it. Get some paint cards in the different colors of mortar (white, off white, light gray, med. gray) get some of that tile out put it out where the pool is going on top of the different paint cards. You will notice how the mortar changes the looks of that pretty tile.

THEN ask to borrow their grout sticks and see what color grout you want to use. White will make each tile POP, light to med gray will help them blend in more. BOTH are very pretty!!

hold on a bit...........................going to look at that pretty tile again!!! ..................................man that is pretty!!!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Slapulator
Today’s chapter is the destruction begins. They came and dug my hole, and the wake of destruction is seen far and wide. In one day, I have become the talk of the street and questions of when it will be done and will they fix this or that. Fun times my friends! Here is a few pictures and a time lapse. I set it at 3 minutes I think I will bump it to 1 min from now on. They are coming back Monday to frame it out.

Time Lapse

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_150442.jpg
    IMG_20210408_150442.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20210408_150504.jpg
    IMG_20210408_150504.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20210408_150626.jpg
    IMG_20210408_150626.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Let the MUD begin!!!

You know the drill...........as soon as they say they are done go out there with the plans and a tape measure. Is it long, deep, wide, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time to fix.

Let the MUD begin!!!

You know the drill...........as soon as they say they are done go out there with the plans and a tape measure. Is it long, deep, wide, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time to fix.

Indeed, went out and did all the measuring. Everything is plus to 7 to 8 inches of what the plans say. My daughter also is having to learn patience in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_083643.jpg
    IMG_20210410_083643.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 74
For this update, after one failed inspection because they forgot to put water in the pipes we are now approved and the gunite crew will be out next week for the greatest super soaker fight ever!

Time Lapse

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_165114.jpg
    IMG_20210415_165114.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20210415_165133.jpg
    IMG_20210415_165133.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210415_165211.jpg
    IMG_20210415_165211.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210415_165224.jpg
    IMG_20210415_165224.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Reactions: kellyfair
For this update, after one failed inspection because they forgot to put water in the pipes we are now approved and the gunite crew will be out next week for the greatest super soaker fight ever!
A quick question or 2
I see you have a channel main drain set, but what are the 2 vertical PVC pipes coming up from the bottom of the pool? They look to be partial in deep end and the other in shallow end. Thanks.

Also, I was looking back at your very beginning of the thread and you had a proposed payment model. Where you able to obtain that or something close to it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.