The Great Cleanup

Mike went out there today and finished cleaning it out. Now he and our son Patrick are hanging the leaf net so catkins won't get in it during the storms tomorrow. We'll let the rain fill it as much as it wants to (hey, free fill water!) then finish filling and start SLAMming!

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Back to Square One: the rain came and went, along with the wind, and guess what? The leaf net didn't do squat keeping catkins out of the pool! Now we've got about 4 in of water with catkins in it... again!

I told them, "Let's put the winter cover back on. Keep the catkins out." But nooooo ... What do I know? (Stomps around flailing arms)

Can't get to it until Wednesday, got a CT scan today (Tues). Mmph. Mmph mmph mmph mmph. :rant: :rant::rant:

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sigh. Either it's raining like the dickens, or it's turned cold, or the wind is blowing! Meanwhile, the catkins continue to drop, rainwater continues to collect in the pool, and the leaf net catches about 50% of the catkins.

We're back at the starting line. What a drag. But, we have learned the hacks to cleaning it up, so hopefully when catkin season is over, we can take care of this thing in earnest!!

Meanwhile I'll just look at all yall's beautiful pools and dream about the day mine is beautiful, too!

• Sad
Reactions: S-Merry and kimkats
If it helps any, mine is still a trampoline. We had freeze warnings 2 of the last 3 nights and hail at least twice this afternoon. One of them was thunder hail. It was pretty bad-butt.

I've gotten as far as draining the cover. The weather took a nose dive while waiting for my new liner. I'm usually open by now. It is what it is.

Mike (DH) got the gutters blown out on the poolside of the house, and we're going to vac it out tomorrow -- yay!! Then fill and balance and SLAM!

He said he saw what looked like a patch of bark on the leaf net in the middle of the pool -- looked closer and it was a little grey TOAD!! He must have hopped up the stairs to get there -- I sure hope we don't have any frogs/toads in training for the Olympic high jump! No amphibians in the pool!

Reactions: kimkats and zea3
It's almost done! And the water is GREEN!!! I pooped out, but DH is almost done with vacuuming the nasty water up. Then, if I've recharged, I'll go out there this afternoon and scrub-a-dub-dub to get everything loosened up. Then it's FILL TIME!!! And SLAM TIME!! Maybe by Memorial Day it'll be SWIM TIME!!

And next year watch us do the pool cover and leaf net DIFFERENTLY!! Soda bottles filled with water around the perimeter as well as the wire winch!I

There was a little chipmunk caught in the leaf net. I moved it around so the little bugger could get out. My Good Deed for the day.

It's almost done! And the water is GREEN!!! I pooped out, but DH is almost done with vacuuming the nasty water up. Then, if I've recharged, I'll go out there this afternoon and scrub-a-dub-dub to get everything loosened up. Then it's FILL TIME!!! And SLAM TIME!! Maybe by Memorial Day it'll be SWIM TIME!!

And next year watch us do the pool cover and leaf net DIFFERENTLY!! Soda bottles filled with water around the perimeter as well as the wire winch!I

There was a little chipmunk caught in the leaf net. I moved it around so the little bugger could get out. My Good Deed for the day.
Pics or didn't happen!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.