The equipment struggle is real / 2 steps forward 1 back

I was talking to the pool guy who opened my pool today about the equipment shortages
My PB was surprised that I knew all about it and started spouting off stories. ‘Yeah.... I. Um. Read a lot of news..... And that 40k unit that you can get won’t be big enough for my 35k gallons. I. Um. Looked it up’. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: cowboycasey
unicorn evite GIF

Here is another one for the filter!!!! Lets see if this one works!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Hopefully you get your equipment. Now I feel the need to text my PB and ask him if he's dealing with any equipment shortage issues... I need my pool in August! :shock:

Good luck with your equipment! It has definitely been touch and go For us as well. We had a couple of close calls too. First it was the Intellicenter which our PB couldn’t get from their distributor, then it was the expansion card for sensing the auto cover position. I was able to get the Intellicenter from Polytec and the PB eventually found the card. Thanks to the forum for the reference to Polytec, without it I would likely have been stuck!

Another factor to consider in the equipment shortages is the global short supply of silicon chips for electronic components. That alone has been bad enough to sporadically shut down auto assembly plants worldwide. Unfortunately that doesn’t look to be improving soon.

PS If you’re looking for an IC60, Polytec had them in stock with their Intellicenter bundles earlier this week.

Check out water ways cartridge filters. I bought a 500sqft one back in December and I think the quality is right there with pentair
A 500 is a 500. Or a 520 is darn close enough. I have no doubt any of them will last years and years. And if my other brand died in 7 years, things will be different, probably more available and maybe even next Gen.

But I’m fixated on the S8M500 because of how easy it was to break down (tool free). Sure the 8 indestructible clamps took a minute to spin open but they will outlive us all. Inside there were no parts/gaskets to break and just 2 honking filters. The diameter of the bigger filters made cleaning the insides much easier. And the housing itself was so thick it hurt it you knocked on it with your knuckles.

But it may come to ‘making due for now’ so thanks for the insight. (y)

As per my good friend @mguzzy request.....

a pic of my garage. BOOM. A0F739FE-6F40-4F07-8726-A2CEBBD12866.jpeg
The filter status is MIA with no expectations at the moment and SWG/Controller are expected to ship July 2nd from INYO. I’m on a side quest trying to find the filter elsewhere and may change models if that doesn’t pan out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hope you get everything you need @Newdude ! I'm sure every box showing up is like a birthday present! ❤️
Thanks !!! It was like Xmas for SURE. I got the Email that it shipped a couple of days ago but lalalalalalalalala forgot it was coming and POOF !!!! What is this large package????? No !!!! It COULDN'T be !!!!!
Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Reactions: Snoobug
Not sure of others, but the company that is going to be putting my pool in said they are already selling end of next season with requests from the Branson, Springfield, Joplin, MO area to see if they will come down there because the companies down there are selling installs end of 2023 season already. Both due to pools and equipment.

On the brighter note, we are just waiting for better (dryer) weather for mine.

SWG may be available here at least it says in stock
Thanks for looking. :) So after 3 phone calls with legit suppliers I have gotten a much better understanding of their systems. Unless a retailer just happens to have it on hand, which nobody does right now, their system just knows that manufacturer X can supply ****# of units that ship directly from the manufacturer. So they show in stock. I even placed one of the orders by phone with INYO so the girl could confirm they had it. (Or so we thought). They all placed my order and their systems then placed the order with Pentair. And they got bounced back an hour later as back ordered. With such turmoil going on, any shipments to the manufacturer get sent right out to fill some of the previous backorders and they never catch up to have a surplus.

I gave the lady at AZPOOLSUPPLY an earful, stressing that it wasn’t her personally, but how messed up it was as the consumer that we execute a contract of sale based on one set of terms (in stock and ready to ship) and then the secondary system changes the terms after the fact. All she could do was apologize, and she did truely feel bad, but she was powerless to change the state of the world or the manufacturers systems. So it will continue as long as demand is through the roof. On a positive note the AZPOOLSUPPLY lady was very kind in offering me a cancellation if I could find it elsewhere.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Not sure of others, but the company that is going to be putting my pool in said they are already selling end of next season with requests from the Branson, Springfield, Joplin, MO area to see if they will come down there because the companies down there are selling installs end of 2023 season already. Both due to pools and equipment.

On the brighter note, we are just waiting for better (dryer) weather for mine.
So the company I'm using which is in rural Iowa is already booking for next year. They said as soon as delays started with the liner during covid they started buying extra pool equipment. My SIL is suppose to have a pool built this year but she doesn't know if it will happen because her PB can't get a liner (Omaha).

I felt very lucky when PB told me that he was able to get the only OmniPL panel in all of NY and that was back in January. Just spoke to PB yesterday and he mentioned equipment is very hard to get especially Pentair. He only uses hayward.

• Wow
Reactions: Newdude and Snoobug

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.