The ducks are lining up

Gadragonfly

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2017
Fairburn, Georgia
On May 7th, I started a thread titled "Getting our ducks in a row". The test kit arrived and on May 14th (17 days ago) I ran my first test. The numbers were:

FC: 0.0
CC: 0
pH: 6.8
TA: 0
CYA: 0

On May 28th the numbers were:

FC: 7.5
pH: 8.2
TA: 70
CYA: 50

May 29th:

FC: 7.0
pH: 7.8
TA: 80
CYA: 45

Yesterday:

FC: 4.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 70
CA: 50

I thought the pool looked good on May 7th but compared to a picture taken this morning, I can tell a real difference! I'm looking forward to getting everything balanced and stable and taking a picture with the sun directly overhead. My thanks to everyone who has worked to create this site and share their experiences. I went into this with no knowledge of pool upkeep. My husband knew enough to know how to vacuum and skim debris, but his experience has always been with test strips. Fortunately, he listened to me when I asked that he not add anything to the water except for bleach until I got my test kit. Again, thank you all!

Julie

Attachments

• 20170507_160955.jpg
    20170507_160955.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Pool 5-31.jpg
    Pool 5-31.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Pool 5-31 shallow.jpg
    Pool 5-31 shallow.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 44
Thanks y'all! I haven't trusted my numbers yet, but it does look like the CYA is stable now. I may check it once more this weekend before I let it go for a month, but I'm very happy with the way the pool responded to the TFPC method. My silly husband enjoys vacuuming the pool by hand. He puts on snorkeling gear and vacuums away. He said the water is still a little cloudy (as evidenced by the drop in FC, I suspect - due to a lot of rain and lack of cleaning for several days), but he can definitely tell a difference in the clarity from the time he began.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.