The absolute best granite sealer

I very seriously doubt it, it is like a glass toping once it is there its there... :)

Not sure if your bar is covered, if it is and hardly any rains hits it you may not have to reapply for years....

I put it on my quartzite counter top. It did not show much difference. A little disappointing. Was hoping to be able to get rid of the dull spots from cleaning, but they come through like nothing was applied. Nothing was absorbed into the stone.
This is meant to be a waterproof system so you are correct, you will see nothing different... It should look exactly the same as before it was done... When water is applied it should bead up like the picture above...

Thanks for the review @Katodude . We have granite and so far have very similar results as far as the water beading (or as they call it "pearling"). Haven't tried it on our flagstone coping yet but so far we're pretty impressed with the stuff. It is also supposed to be completely UV resistant...no color change.

I am just waiting for a forecast of no rain to try to apply it to the whole bbq area. Its been raining a lot here every single day, and I am starting to get tired of it.

I put it on my quartzite counter top. It did not show much difference. A little disappointing. Was hoping to be able to get rid of the dull spots from cleaning, but they come through like nothing was applied. Nothing was absorbed into the stone.
For whatever reason, the company send me the wrong product. A couple of days later, the correct bottle arrived. IDEA XC wet look.
That is what I ordered, and that is what I expected. After putting that on my countertop.... big difference! Most of the dull spots and watermarks are gone.
So I am happy .
No idea what to do with the first bottle. I'm sure that something will come to me. This will probably last forever, a little definitely goes a long way.

Reactions: cowboycasey
My bottle of XC also just arrived and I'll apply it this week.

Other sealants I've used say to let them dry, then rub them off. This bottle, intended for "professional" application, doesn't say to do that, just rub it on. Then wipe off the excess while still wet? What works best with this particular sealant?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, finally two days with a low prediction of rain (whatever that means).

Did two deep cleans. Scraped up any excess whatever with a razor blade (sort of like claying a car). Did a final acetone wipe down. Then applied a nice coat to it. On a non porous stone like quartzite a little goes a very long way. I dont think I used very much at all. Let it sit for a few minutes, and wiped off any excess (there really was not much). Now just to let it cure for 24 hours (I hate waiting).

I should be able to give it a fairly good long term review. I am pretty tough on that area. Its outside so it gets dirty quickly. The way I normally clean it before cooking is taking the hose to it, then using a squeegee to wipe off the water. Fast and easy.

So far so good, but we are a whole 20 minutes into it.

Attachments

• DF53B83A-EDD6-46DE-B320-D9B7AF3271CD.jpeg
    DF53B83A-EDD6-46DE-B320-D9B7AF3271CD.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ED6893C4-33D3-441E-BFE0-A70699F92AEF.jpeg
    ED6893C4-33D3-441E-BFE0-A70699F92AEF.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: TexasBR
Did you do the backsplash and the rock on the walls or just the countertop? I love your setup, can you come do mine :)

I did the counter, plus there is a newly installed piece of backsplash that is 3” to form the seam to the rock backsplash. Also the topper on top of the backsplash is also quartzite (newly installed). When it was first built 3 years ago the builder put cheap plastic molding there and we had some left over quartzite from the kitchen redo that we used to fancy it up a little. I sealed all those parts. The actual rock looking stuff it porcelain so no sealing required.

Thanks for the compliments we do a lot of cooking out there year round. So I am hoping the extra water proofing will make cleanup before and after the cook much easier. Like I mentioned before, I like to hose off the countertop and squeegee away the extra water before we start to give me a nice clean working space. Takes 2 minutes.

The holes in the columns and side walls are for hurricane panels that get put up.

Attachments

• B2F323E7-AF86-4C19-9182-4F997513B8F8.jpeg
    B2F323E7-AF86-4C19-9182-4F997513B8F8.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Talked to the wife and we plan on doing our shower with the stuff because we get crazy amounts of hard water stuffs when the water evaporates so maybe it'll help. Floor and accent only...not doing the walls. This is what it looked like brand spanking new.
39861809_740984002900012_7811334442315677696_n.jpg
39589016_740984202899992_4763418485621522432_n.jpg

It's now covered in a white haze due to the hard water in our area. Plan is to clean it with a diluted solution of water and muriatic acid to get rid of the calcium build up. Let it dry then apply with a brush, wait two hours and hit it again.

We'll see and I'll follow up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.