Thanks to this site! Haven’t added a bag of shock all year.

JameyG

Bronze Supporter
Feb 9, 2018
Orlando, FL
Hi there, my pool is officially one year old and I’ve been using TFP techniques for the entire year. I’m in Central Florida so the rain related issues algae issues can be intense (as seen in friends pools) but my water has been clear all year, and as the title mentions, not a single dose of shock. I have a SWG so maybe that helps but I keep my FC as close to 6.0 as I can, and I added granulated boric acid last summer because I liked the idea of what the pros were. Granted I have a black pebble finish so I probably can’t see algae as well as other color finishes, but I’ve never noticed any, and the water has been crystal clear all year long.

So thanks to all the knowledgeable folks that reply to these questions and helping us newbies keep a trouble free pool maintaining it ourselves!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 34
That's awesome! Your pool is beautiful and I'm honestly got jealously over the weather there! (We're under 4-6" of snow atm)

I'm so thankful to have found this group and care methods, it truly does make pool ownership & care, affordable and enjoyable!

Reactions: JameyG
Jamey,

Slacker... :)

TFP just works!!! I have three pools and have not added any "shock" in the past 7 years.. No alage and always chrystal clear.. My pools are also saltwater..

Thanks for the feedback about how TFP is working for you.

Jim R.

Reactions: JameyG
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.