Thank You

Pound Salt

Jul 28, 2020
Plymouth, CT
Yep, bought a house with a pool. I just want to thank everyone already. I've leaned SO much in a short period of time just by reading this website! Honestly, this community is a library of knowledge.

~Pool~
27,000 gal 20x40
Vinyl over steel(?) (i am told). Built in 1967.
Sand Filter (probably older)
Single pump non-variable.
Taylor 2005 Kit

FC/CC: 15+ppm I cant really see any difference.
PH: 7.3
Alk: 140 ( im a little unsure if i did this one correctly)
CYA: 150 This one I am sure. I re did it 3x.
Calcium (reading was high but did not write it down)

Heard through the neighbors that the pool had been closed for 3 years. There is some pretty good algae staining on the vinyl. I also found a garbage bag of big pucks. The water is very clear now. I think the seller hammered this pool hard with pucks to make the water clear before selling.

Also (more good news) there appears to be some sand showing up after cleaning. Not huge but maybe a crack in the sand filter.

Here is my dilemma: how to maintain til end of summer? At end of summer get new vinyl and new water? Thoughts???

Pretty sure the FC test maximum is 10 and the 20 is the max in a bromine pool. Take a look at the top for the identifier markings.....Cl vs Br
You should upgrade the FC test to a FAS DPD type found in the K-2006 or TF-100.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.