Thank you, But....

Syracuse76

Jun 3, 2019
Virginia Beach
I just want to thank the several people that helped me in the beginning of season with my new pool. I had to of saved at least a few hundred bucks compared to previous seasons.
I will be closing the pool here in a couple weeks. So that leads me to my last question. When opening what is the order of operation as far as chemical balance? Like, what comes first, I know I wanna prob get my cya and chlorine up but I’m wondering on chemical interaction. I know I don’t wanna dump a bunch of stuff in there at once. Does alkali or hardness come after that? Just curious on thoughts is all.
Thanks again.

Here's my order of attack.
1) FC
2) pH
3) Everything else as time permits.

I'll usually test the pH first thing and then test the FC. Then I add enough bleach to get to target and adjust the pH if needed. CYA, CH, TA are no rush and can all wait until I have finished any vacuuming, cleaning, etc. that's needed.

Reactions: Syracuse76
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.