TFTestkits’ pH meter

Put the meter into pH 7.0 calibrating solution and if it does not read 7.0 adjust the screw using the supplied screwdriver until you read 7.0. The adjustment is very sensitive.

Reactions: Neemer
Another tip-I use the pH standard to calibrate mine with versus the buffer powder solutions that I have to mix up. A one point calibration is not as precise as two point, but I find it acceptable for my purposes. You can use the standard several times for calibration-pour it in a clean cup (the ph probe will not fit in the bottle the standard comes in), calibrate, then pour standard back into its bottle.

Reactions: Neemer and mknauss
Thanks for the replies, guys. I used one of the two packs of buffer that comes with it to calibrate yesterday. It seemed to be giving me readings that were close to expected. Today, the readings I'm getting from my pool water and tap water are completely out of whack with what I think they should be, and not close to what I'm getting from the phenol red test.

As an example, my tap water is or should be around 6.8. The meter is telling me it's 7.8. I cannot account for the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.