TFTestKit, how to measure PH

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
I've followed the directions for Weekly Tests and used Pool Math site to sum up results. The only figure I do not find how to measure on the Weekly Test directions, but that the Pool Math calculator asks for is PH. Am uncertain how to manage that. Should I get the PH figure using what's in the K-1000 test kit? I'm wondering why there is nothing in the TFTestKit to measure PH, or is there and my brain just doesn't notice it. Thanks very much.

or is there and my brain just doesn't notice it.
It's your brain Henry. Let me help .... :hammer: ha ha. Yes, for pH use the viewing comparator block column on the right side (pH). Fill with water up to the line near the top, then add "5" drops of the red R-0014 reagent and gently mix. Then match the color of your water to one of the blocks.

Hope that helps. :) If you still have a question, let us know.

Like the graphics! Thanks for your replies. I thought as much, but also thought I should double check with those who know more than I do about such things. But another question: Will the R-0014 (Phenol red) go bad if it's been sitting outdoors, not in direct sunlight, for several months in hot, humid south Florida? Same is true for R-0600; will that go bad also?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.