TFP, not working anymore on iOS Tapatalk App

Slapulator

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
Riverview, FL
I have been getting errors the past 4 days that it was done for maintenance. So I decided to to log in via the browser and see it’s not down at all. So I removed the group and tried to readd and now it won’t readd the group. Anyone else have any issues like this?

I have found out that TAT will not work with this format. One of the major perks of this new format is that TAT is no longer needed. TAT had some major errors in the other format so it is time to move on to the new and better! It is like ripping a bandage off. It might hurt in the beginning but it needs to be done. Thanks for understanding :hug:

Hey Kim can you help me know how this “new” format makes TAT not needed? I I find it on mobile devices extremely lacking. It doesn’t keep my have read post status so when I log in I do t have to scroll to where I left off and hope I remember where I left off. How does it provide me with a simple notification screen of what new in threads I am following? It takes a tab in memory of the browser that takes internal memory vs a on demand app that loads into memory unless I want to log in evertime I launch the browser. If this new format can do these things please let me know as I want to have this superior experience you and the admins are talking about, however, I not seeing anything great about with my experience with this move.

I did not say it was not needed. I said it would not work with this format.

We are working through the problems and concerns. One of which is the fact the not read posts are not dark enough to show up.

What I like is I get an alert dot on the bell at the top of the page if one of the threads I had posted in has a new post in it. When I click on it I go right to the last post in the thread I had not read yet.

There will be a learning curve for all of us. I hope by working together we will learn that much faster and fix any errors faster as well.

I was a major user of TAT, but they are very heavy handed in a few ways that are not beneficial to TFP. A few examples being the addition of ads that were can't control, and the fact that many links do not work, and no access to Pool School. Not to mention their business model of selling a pro version and then taking it away and forcing ads over and over again.

It will be a learning curve, but I think it is time to move on. This software should hopefully do what we need it to do with a few more tweaks

I dropped TAT over 18 months ago and learned to use the web browser on TFPs mobile format for posting. Was TAT “easier” in some ways for post surfing and notifications? Sure. But TAT has huge downsides for forum operators and admins. Given all the new features of this new forum software, it’s support levels and the theme development shop that put together the web page designs, TFP is light years ahead of where TAT is. There are even some plugins that could potentially handle push-notifications but right now they don’t play well with iOS security policies andcso are only workable on Android platforms. If you have any images posted through TAT that you think are worth saving, TFP’s admin can retrieve them.

I dropped TAT over 18 months ago and learned to use the web browser on TFPs mobile format for posting. Was TAT “easier” in some ways for post surfing and notifications? Sure. But TAT has huge downsides for forum operators and admins. Given all the new features of this new forum software, it’s support levels and the theme development shop that put together the web page designs, TFP is light years ahead of where TAT is. There are even some plugins that could potentially handle push-notifications but right now they don’t play well with iOS security policies andcso are only workable on Android platforms. If you have any images posted through TAT that you think are worth saving, TFP’s admin can retrieve them.
Hi Matt a lot of my images are posted through tat and I would like TFP admin to be able to retrieve them. What do I need to do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Matt a lot of my images are posted through tat and I would like TFP admin to be able to retrieve them. What do I need to do?

You’ll have to cook @Leebo free breakfasts for life on your CampChef griddle....this post will ring up Lee, he can answer your question.

Reactions: bdavis466
Yeah, Tapatalk not working on Android Pie either. I really don't like the browser format in Chrome, but I guess I'll get use to it. I use to have newest post at top of a watched thread, but can't find a setting for that (have to scroll to bottom). Tapatalk is nice to check 4 or 5 groups at once. No dark mode here?

At the top of a thread that you have already read there's a button that says "jump to new" and that will take you to your newest unread post.

I hated Tapatalk....
I don't see that option. If I start scrolling, there's up down arrows, down takes you to bottom, then you get page 1 of 200, and you have to press right arrow to get to the end. Chrome browser, mobile view.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-144311.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-144311.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 9
I find the Firefox mobile browser quite good. Have never used TAT or Chrome for the forum.

I don't see that option. If I start scrolling, there's up down arrows, down takes you to bottom, then you get page 1 of 200, and you have to press right arrow to get to the end. Chrome browser, mobile view.

In the middle of the screen there's a button that says jump to new...

Most of the threads I open up automatically go to the latest post, but not always. I'm not really sure why but the ones that don't I just hit the jump to new button

I'm using chrome on a phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-125713_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-125713_Chrome.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 5
Ok, I have it now. I had set my preferences to a different ui that didn't have the jump to button. Needs a dark UI selection (or Tapatalk working). Thanks guys.

Edit: it's gone again on all of them. Must be a Chrome issue.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.