TFP Challenge

Already a bronze supporter, but the more I think about it, I'm not sure there is any website anywhere that provides as much value for $100 as this place does. I used to spend $115/month for a pool guy and I got a green pool twice, a never ending chlorine smell after every swim, and the occasional smell of puffs of weed smoke with each visit he made.

Now I spend nothing on a pool guy, my pool is pefectly balanced, silky smooth and so clear I could read the date on a dime in the deep end. So by my count I'm saving ~ $1000/year doing this myself, for my $100 donation. No stock website will have that instant ROI.

I may not be a pool chemistry expert but I don't need to be, this place provides on demand experts who respond promptly to anything we could ask, including the 4 millionth "PH is rising" question :) Or maybe how I thought my TA was 180 but a simple question on here and I learn its about 120 if I just wipe the tip of the bottle. Invaluable.

I just stumbled across the Under Construction section, and while I wished I had found it BEFORE I renovated my crumbling old pool, I can easily see how many thousands of dollars and how many great ideas the collaboration that little section will provide should I (or anyone) ever build a new pool.

Best $100 I've ever spent... Thanks TFP for just being here. I'll happily wear my gold badge and maybe sip something with an umbrella in it from the TFP Stein sitting by my pristine, sparkling clear pool. I will miss the occasional waft of maurijuana smoke once a week though:)

/Dave

You will have the distinguished pleasure and self satisfaction of knowing you helped TFP accomplish something that has never been done on this site before! In my mind having a donor willing to put up 10k is a golden opportunity for the TFP community...

Thanks so much for your support :)

Thanks for upgrading your support. We appreciate it, as you obviously do as well. Time to upgrade that drink umbrella now!

You will have the distinguished pleasure and self satisfaction of knowing you helped TFP accomplish something that has never been done on this site before! In my mind having a donor willing to put up 10k is a golden opportunity for the TFP community...

Thanks so much for your support :)

Heh, NPR asks me for donations all the time, but all I ever get from listening to them is depressed. Here I felt like I just bought $1000 of pool care for $100, so yeah, I'm both pleased and satisfied. :)

One more example of how this site has saved me. My pool is boiling hot right now, ~97 degrees in the mid afternoon, unpleasant as can be. I was scratching my head figuring out ways to cool it down - thinking about hoses coiled up in coolers full of ice, playing mad scientist. Reading some threads on here, I learned that a $20 fountain from Amazon will cool it down nicely, and also learned the best time and conditions for when to use the fountain for best effect. Not going to learn anything as valuable from my stoned ex pool boy :)

Already a bronze supporter, but the more I think about it, I'm not sure there is any website anywhere that provides as much value for $100 as this place does. I used to spend $115/month for a pool guy and I got a green pool twice, a never ending chlorine smell after every swim, and the occasional smell of puffs of weed smoke with each visit he made.

Now I spend nothing on a pool guy, my pool is pefectly balanced, silky smooth and so clear I could read the date on a dime in the deep end. So by my count I'm saving ~ $1000/year doing this myself, for my $100 donation. No stock website will have that instant ROI.

I may not be a pool chemistry expert but I don't need to be, this place provides on demand experts who respond promptly to anything we could ask, including the 4 millionth "PH is rising" question :) Or maybe how I thought my TA was 180 but a simple question on here and I learn its about 120 if I just wipe the tip of the bottle. Invaluable.

I just stumbled across the Under Construction section, and while I wished I had found it BEFORE I renovated my crumbling old pool, I can easily see how many thousands of dollars and how many great ideas the collaboration that little section will provide should I (or anyone) ever build a new pool.

Best $100 I've ever spent... Thanks TFP for just being here. I'll happily wear my gold badge and maybe sip something with an umbrella in it from the TFP Stein sitting by my pristine, sparkling clear pool. I will miss the occasional waft of maurijuana smoke once a week though:)

/Dave

Thank you for the kind words and support! Both are much appreciated!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haven't been on this site for more than two weeks but that was enough (along with the matching donation by a kind member) to get the GOLD status :)

Honestly a drop in the bucket compared to what you'll spend (lose) at the pool store and dodging their sales attempts! Such a great community and cannot thank you all enough!

Well it looks like ya'll decided to go breaking stuff now didn't ya!

As is I have got all donations processed that I have received emails for. Additionally all requests from Cafe Press have been ordered for Gold Supporters. I don't have the totals yet however as PayPal is somewhat slow to update these things. With that mentioned, if you haven't received a Thank You email from me please do one of two things. First check your Spam Folders as some email providers tend to mark TFP as Spam. If you don't see it there please email me at [email protected]. I'm noticing a small trend where I've been receiving emails for donations made yesterday only arriving in my inbox today. This means there maybe some users who have donated that I haven't got the details yet to update their accounts. If you're one of those users please write me and get you updated ASAP!

We're sorry for this slight delay, but we'll get you taken care of!
Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.