TFP Challenge

To all who have donated so far, pool owners thank you! Yesterday TFP saw its second highest dollar amount of donations to date by receiving roughly $1300. Last year during the donation drive for Operation BBQ Relief we saw higher as we donated to their great cause. We have tossed together a really quick newsletter that is being sent out now to reach those how may not see the forum daily. I cannot express how grateful I am for all the support from all. Regardless of the donation size every bit helps a TON!

To those on the verge of donating,
Over the next few as I sneak away from my little ones I hope to give you a peak at just how your donations are being used. One thing we wish is to be completely honest at how your money is used. Please, if you have ANY questions feel free to ask.

Humm, What news letter? I never received one, how can I get on the list?

Thank you for the newsletter...I'm glad to make a donation that will be matched! I like to "renew" my support annually but was behind this year and needed a reminder. I rarely post on the forum, but I use TFP methods and Pool Math every single day, and am very grateful for the wealth of information and experience on the forum. Thank you!

Please all, please don't kill me if the numbers I give aren't completely accurate. I'm doing my all to keep up with the rush. The support is simply amazing.............
Last I counted TFP is looking at roughly $3500 in donations during this drive. I cannot tell you how much good this will do for the websites future.

Speaking of future,
I'm sure there's at least one of you reading this who found TFP only AFTER trying to register on another pool related forum. For many years another pool related forum has slowly come to a halt after the owner went MIA for some reason. Years ago Dave and I have watched this and wanted to make 100% sure the same didn't happen to TFP. Commonly he and I would ask each other "what would happen if you got hit by a bus tomorrow" during our discussions to avoid one person being able to shut down the entire site.

This is a trend that has continued as TFP has grown and again has cost the website some money....granted not that much. Despite all the wonderful things "the cloud" can do we still always make sure to have stuff in our physical control, just in case. Files such as the original Photoshop design of our Logo, files that have passwords we use for various third party sites, and so forth are all shared by Rebecca and I in case ANYTHING ever happens to another. Little stuff like this doesn't cost TFP much BUT those little expenses add up, but it's all funded by the awesomeness of our donators!

Better late than never, kicked in a donation just now. - Everyone here has been amazing, quick to answer questions, and who knows how much money i saved in the process. I am glad i found the site within a few months of of obtaining my pool that came with the house i purchased.

i am sure i will be asking a ton of questions this fall, as we plan to re-plaster and have a new pool deck installed. there are so many plaster options it makes my head spin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I haven't been able to add up a finial total.......but donations are understandably slowing down some. As is it's looking like TFP is right around $4200 out of our goal of $5000. The outpouring of support has simply been amazing and the "mystery donator" and I have been chatting the entire time. I promise you when I say, they're LOVING the activity. I'd also like to share with you a clip of an email I received last week...........

Join today (We've sent you an invite today! please accept!)
5% Commission
30 Day Cookie
Everyday Low Prices!
More Supplies than Any Store! - Over 2,500 items in stock & ready to ship!
Free Shipping! (Standard handling fee of $8.99 to $10.99 applies)
One Day Delivery! (Look for the icon on the website for next-day items)
30-Day Money Back Guarantee!
Largest Direct Marketer in the industry, with over 25 years in business!
Product Data Feed

I don't wish to name the company who sent us this email, but above was a short list of what this company has to offer. The key thing here for SO many sites is the offer of 5% commission. Well, thanks to the support of TFP's users I was able to write this company back with a simply "thanks, but no thanks." TFP knows that it would be SO easy to plaster Ad's from companies like this all over the site, and we'd likely make more money than we currently do as well. The main issue in our eyes however is that we know it's hard to teach a method that goes against so much of what companies like these sell. We also know it's so hard to give neutral advice when money is involved. If another site has the same product for cheaper BUT the forum gets a kickback from the more expensive site..........which would we suggest? We don't always know that answer. To avoid that issue, we just don't take offers like these.

We take great pride in sentence that's attached to every thank you email sent to every TFP Supporter,
Through your support we are able remain a 100% free resource for pool owners. We accept no advertising. Our advice is never compromised by financial incentives.

We thank you for helping us keep this sentence true!!

Only 9 days to go...we can do this as we only need about $800. I so want TFP to hit this goal so Im willing to do another $100...

Lets get a good count on July 30 to see where we are at!! So excited for this site...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.